arduino +100Mhz radio jammer

Go look it up if you think I'm wrong!

No you prove it, post a link. I think that is rubbish.

Does the species of hedge matter?
What if it is box, or yew?

It's illegal.

Moderator edit: tags corrected (hopefully)

What transmits at 100 Hz that? I think you'd see more noise from power lines than anything else.

Given that a 1/4 wavelength antenna at 100Hz is 750km long, you must have a pretty big property.

Go look it up if you think I'm wrong!

We did, you are. :stuck_out_tongue:

on your privet property

Maybe it is the privet that keeps the EM signals in.

What if it is box, or yew?

Yes they don't stop EM radiation nearly as well.

What transmits at 100 Hz that

Nothing, as well as not knowing the law the OP knows nothing about RF transmissions either.

I meant around 100Mhz or so.

where I'm from the federal laws say its illegal, but the state laws point to it being legal. Even laser jammers are legal where I'm from.

Isn't it funny how the state of California legalized a federally band substance? Then told the federal government that law dose not apply here. That's because the states tell the federal government what to do its always been like that and it has to stay like that. Unless you want to be a slave.

The FM radio band is around 100MHz.

So lets say for sake of argument that it is legal to jam radio frequencies on your own property, which it's not, state laws are superseded in these situations. For instance you can be arrested by a DEA agent in California for smoking marijuana even though is it legal there. How are you gonna keep the jamming to just your property? I'm gonna go ahead and say it would be very difficult to do if not impossible.

That being said if you wanna brake the law that's your prerogative. By definition a radio jammer decreases the signal to noise ratio of a given broadcast. You do this by increasing the noise as you have no control over the signal. So you need a way to create noise and a way to transmit that noise.

The FCC regulations preempt ANY state attempt at regulating federally licensed communications systems. You are being fed patently false information that your state/city/county/dog catcher/mayor or ANY other entity can regulate federally licensed communications systems.

As for your failed attempt at equating marijuana laws, I will just leave this here for your perusal http://www.sbsun.com/ci_22532373/authorities-raiding-multiple-san-bernardino-medical-marijuana-dispensaries

Good luck with your jammer. I'll be watching the FCC enforcement logs for when you get your arse handed to you for using a jammer. BTW, the fines START at $10,000 PLUS jail time.

You want to block FM radio from being received in your house. I assume that you just don't want your kids listning to that evil rock and roll music.

From The Traveling Wilbury's:

In Jersey everything's legal as long as you don't get caught!

New or Channel Islands?

For these purposes, Jersey is everywhere. ]:slight_smile:
But I think they were singing about New Jersey though they didn't say which exit.

S_Flex:

where I'm from the federal laws say its illegal, but the state laws point to it being legal. Even laser jammers are legal where I'm from.

Isn't it funny how the state of California legalized a federally band substance? Then told the federal government that law dose not apply here. That's because the states tell the federal government what to do its always been like that and it has to stay like that. Unless you want to be a slave.

I don't know where you get your legal advice but your source is just plain wrong. The FCC (F as in Federal) has all jurisdiction of RF laws, the States have absolutely no jurisdiction to change or even supplement the FCC rules and regulations.

Lefty (WA6TKD amateur extra class)

I think your best bet would be a big ars Faraday Cage. Else you would need to create a type of frequency generator and the Arduino inst going to help you there short of using it to control timing of the generator. You need to generate a 100mhz signal that on your property would be stronger than the signal coming onto your property. Only issue is and I cant stress this enough. The FCC overrules your city and state government.

Let us know when they come get you. Maybe somebody will bring you cigarettes on visiting day.

CONSUMER ALERT: Using or Importing Jammers is Illegal | Federal Communications Commission

batch of "Ÿ" at documnet, FCC does not know how to encode UTF-8?

retrolefty:

S_Flex:

I don't know where you get your legal advice but your source is just plain wrong. The FCC (F as in Federal) has all jurisdiction of RF laws, the States have absolutely no jurisdiction to change or even supplement the FCC rules and regulations.

Lefty (WA6TKD amateur extra class)

It would be kind of interesting if it were up to the states though. And by "interesting" I mean nearly impossible to use. Having your OTA TV signal go to crap because someone in the next state over is using that frequency for their wireless network. Makes me wonder how they did it in Europe. If they had the foresight to set up international standards first, or if they waited till something FUBAR'd.

well first of all the only FCC law that can be found on jammers only specify cell phone, wifi, GPS and radio bands that company's or people own. On the wiki it states that the law is not enforced by the FCC, since no one has been charged with the crime.

On the other hand I just wanted to see how it was done and I had no malicious intent(believe it or not). I could have just asked how to turn the arduino into a FM transmitter as easily as asking how to make a jammer.
Anyways I figured it out so most of you just waisted your time bickering and talking none sense.

just waisted your time bickering and talking none sense.

Oh! The irony

well first of all the only FCC law that can be found on jammers only specify cell phone, wifi, GPS and radio bands that company's or people own

You mean, like licensed broadcasters in the FM band?