Led strip acting weird

Hello!

I'm making rev counter by using 16 leds. I did everything the same as in this video.

Now, when I'm connecting the arduino to my pc, the second led strip stays white (every led) and the first (connected to the Arduino Nano) turns white then a red led on the Arduino board starts flickering and then the first led strip turns itself off. The every 20 seconds the first led of the first led strip starts flickering in red. I think this is some kind of error warning.

I also only connected one led strip to the Arduino, which gives the same result as in italic.

[Here is a picure of the led strips I'm using.] (Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

What is happening? I think it's board related but I'm not 100% sure.

It would be really amazing if someone could give me some insight. :slight_smile: Thanks!

PS: edit: also changed the led strip order what gave me the same result

It would be really amazing if someone could give me some insight.

It would be really amazing if you could read How to use this forum because that would tell you about posting images and links and what information you need to supply when asking a question here.

I think it's board related

In what way? It seems highly unlikely.

It is more likely that despite you saying

I did everything the same as in this video.

Then either you didn't, or the video is wrong.

We need to know what you have done not what you have followed. So a properly posted photograph would be good.