Is there such a thing as a 1 amp, DC circuit breaker?

I've tried googling it but found nothing that meets the requirement. I have an autonomous robot that uses servos. On rare occasion, it gets stuck in some weird position that will cause the servo to burn up. If I had a circuit breaker or even a low amp automotive fuse, I could save myself some money.

You could look into "foldback current limiting"
https://www.google.ca/search?q=foldback+current+limiting&hl=en&tbo=u&rlz=1T4GZAZ_enCA411CA411&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ipz0UMjcLuK2iwKmhIDABg&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=979&bih=401

David82:
I've tried googling it but found nothing that meets the requirement. I have an autonomous robot that uses servos. On rare occasion, it gets stuck in some weird position that will cause the servo to burn up. If I had a circuit breaker or even a low amp automotive fuse, I could save myself some money.

Check radioshack

zoomkat:
Check radioshack

RadioShack.com Official Site - America's Technology Store

I appreciate the help but that's obviously not it. I did finally find the answer though for anyone else that finds this thread. You use what is called a polyfuse (aka, polyswitch). They are perfect. They are cheap and open the circuit when they get hot while closing the circuit when they cool down. Perfect.

David82:

zoomkat:
Check radioshack

I appreciate the help but that's obviously not it. I did finally find the answer though for anyone else that finds this thread. You use what is called a polyfuse (aka, polyswitch). They are perfect. They are cheap and open the circuit when they get hot while closing the circuit when they cool down. Perfect.
Resettable fuse - Wikipedia

Yes I was just about to post about these:

http://www.epcos.com/inf/55/db/PTC_09/OC_Leaded_12V_160_C2_B0C_C_B599_5.pdf

Lefty

David82:

zoomkat:
Check radioshack

Resettable fuse - Wikipedia

:roll_eyes:

zoomkat:

yea, that's them. that wasn't your original link. Anyway, those are just online and are, of course, going to be over priced since it's radioshack.

that wasn't your original link

Sure they are, on the left side of the linked page is a listing of various types of fuses. I'd think you would start with a more conventional fuse for testing, but good luck with your polyfuse choise.