Go Down

Topic: Arduino-RTC: Yet Another Real-Time Clock Library (Read 360 times) previous topic - next topic

kowalski

The Arduino-RTC library is a support library for handling time; clock and calender. It uses a subset of the clib time.h functions and adds a common interface for RTC device drivers (struct tm, time_t, etc).

The library includes device drivers for DS1302 and DS1307, and a software implementation that uses the millis() timer.

Please find more details on github and in the on-line documentation.

tutivabene

kowalski

I'm unlucky, I use DS3231 RTC  :smiley-cry:
Not that unlucky as the DS3231 is designed to replace the DS1307. It has the same i2c address and clock/calender register set. You can use the DS1307 device driver to set and get the clock/calender time even on a DS3231. The alarm, temperature, and other specific functions require additional device driver support. I would guess that will soon be available :)

Cheers!

kowalski

The latest release (1.1) adds support for SAM based boards (e.g. Arduino Due). Please note that this library requires download and install of Arduino-GPIO and Arduino-TWI. Please see github and on-line documentation for further details.

Cheers!

Go Up