Displaying Text

Hi guys,

Im doing a project at the moment in college with an RFID dispaly system.I had the LCD code working last Friday no issues.Then I wanted to use it again and now the LCD wont display the text only squares.I can upload the code if requested but I dont think its necessary as it is only 6 lines of the most basic Lcd code (Lcd.begin, Lcd.write .....) and also it worked last Friday.

Anybody had similar issues?Is there some underlying software issue?

Thanks in advance,

Franco

Problem Solved!

If it was working last Friday, and today it is not, I would expect it is something that you have changed.
Did you change the sketch?
Did you re-wire it?
What is different now than last Friday?

... and now the LCD wont display the text only squares.

Do you mean that the first line of your two line display is completely full of rectangular blocks or do you mean that you get stuff displayed in the correct places but you actually see squares instead of characters? There's a difference.

Don

I haven't changed anything since it worked.I have rectangular blocks on the first two lines instead of the text.

And I have tested the connections and tried the LCD on breadboard but same results.
Thanks for looking ! :slight_smile:

Show us a picture of the wiring.

I have rectangular blocks on the first two lines instead of the text.

Does this mean the first two lines of a four line display or does it mean both lines of a two line display.

(This is like pulling teeth.)

Don

Thanks to you for looking at my post, but now I have replaced the pin header on the board.There must have been a slight connection problem as it is working now.

Regards,
Franco

Great, glad you found it.
Now, please modify the first post you made, and add (SOLVED) in the subject line. Thanks.