Port change from 80 to something else

Port forwarding on the internal ethernetshield IP address set to port 80 ,
the arduino ethernet shield set to port 80,

the ethernet shield is being noticed by the router so thats not a problem,
also Im able to access the contents of the webserver using the internal IP address of the ethernetshield but not using the external IP address that is WAN on port 88.

Have you tried allowing that port through the firewall? My router (not D-Link) requires both the destination NAT (port forward) and the port allowed on the firewall.

I use either port 8080 or 8088 for this kind of stuff.

I have my DSL routers settings

Is this router the equivalent to a "cable modem" supplied by your ISP? Does it connect directly to the DSL phone line? If so, then this may not be the router to be adjusting. You may need to connect an internal router to this device.

I use either port 8080 or 8088 for this kind of stuff.

So you mean these ports would work in place of port 80 ?

@Zoomkat

I have a DSL modem which was provided to me by the ISP ,now the phone line goes into that DSL and an ethernet cable comes out of it and then that ethernet cable is inserted into my DLINK- DIR524 WiFi router which also has some ethernet port at the back so I inserted another ethernet cable there and plugged it into my ethernet shield that's it.
I got my WAN IP using this URL >> http://checkip.dyndns.org/

So you mean these ports would work in place of port 80 ?

Yes. Some ISPs block port 80 requests to residential ip addresses. Mine does. To get around that block, one of those ips will normally work. Insure you allow that port through your firewall.

I used port 8080 still the browser can;t link to it

internal network however works fine!

ANd! I just disabled by routers firewall

..and you port forwarded that port to your private localnet ip? If it still doesn't work, it may be your DSL router doing the block.

..and you port forwarded that port to your private localnet ip? If it still doesn't work, it may be your DSL router doing the block.

But that what could be possible issue here? Can you outline which elements to check, I tried disabling the Firewall and restarting the router to no avail!

Should I provide you with the screenshot of my routers option/functions it supports so you may try to underline some options?

internal network however works fine!

if you are trying to reach your arduino from outside your dlink router, you will need to use your wan ip address (or a service like no-ip.com), and have the dlink port forward the outside request to the lan ip address of your arduino.

you will need to use your wan ip address

I know this already and im doing it/trying it but IM not able to access using the WAN IP, however at the same time the internal IP communication works smooth

Have you posted your code for evaluation?

What are your setting on the below page?

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di524_revc/adv_virtual.html

Have you posted your code for evaluation?

My code is the very same no changes WEBSERVER ethernet example that comes with the Arduino 1.0 IDE ONLY the IP address that is 192.168.0.104 + the MAC address is changed and the Server port rest is the same.

Here are the settings done regarding PORT forwarding on my router "uC" is arduino here:

Imgur

Got time to check the screenshot zoomkat?

I looked at the screen shot, and looks fairly straight forward to enter the lan ip address used by the arduino server.

edit: if you want to use a port other than 80, then set the public port start to something 81 and the public port end to something like 91. This should allow any outside request that are wanting to access ports 81 thru 91 to be forwarded to the arduino.

I think my DSL is screwed and I dnt know how to go about fixing that!

I used 81 start and 91 end port and used 8080 it doesn't work still

EDIT: tried an in between port namely 85 still the same

Utilised the Dynamic DNS still the same problem , can;t make out what is the possible problem?