Go Down

Topic: IDE 1.8.0 Released -- now at 1.8.2 (Read 25924 times) previous topic - next topic

pert

No, the IDE doesn't have that feature. Notepad++ does the same thing and it is quite handy. I just double click to select the word, faster and easier that way.

ballscrewbob

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Aqualed

Latest 1.8.2 avrdude included compilation fails with the ACK error uploading code trough USBasp.
I had to replace the avrdude exe for the same version but compiled on other date from somewhere else and now all ok.

Anyone knows this? Is there a official fix from Arduino?

ballscrewbob

@Aqualed

Not really giving anyone much to go on there.
Take a peek at this

Otherwise my best guess is that the blue paint is on backwards and the sky is upside down.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sempaiscuba

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think that there is an file-naming error in the install.sh script of the Linux 64-bit download package.

I managed to get the installation to work on Ubuntu 16.04, but I had to edit the script. Details of the installation steps are here, but in short I had to change RESOURCE_NAME=cc.arduino.arduinoide to RESOURCE_NAME=arduino-arduinoide before running the script.

I suspect that the name of the XML file might have changed from an earlier version?

pert

The RESOURCE_NAME bug has been fixed since the Arduino IDE 1.8.2 release so it will no longer be a problem in 1.8.3 and onward.
https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/pull/6110

EvgeniyRuUfa

Stopped sewn Arduino pro mini in version 1.8.0 and 1.8.2. what to do?

pert

Stopped sewn Arduino pro mini in version 1.8.0 and 1.8.2. what to do?
We would need much more information on your problem in order to have a chance of helping you. If English is not your native language then please consider checking the international sections of the forum to see if there is one for your native language.

cproww@gmail.com

Im pretty frustrated here. I see you all seem to have file,edit,sketch,tools and help tabs above your sketch. I dont and because of that I cant upload the blynk library or get the cloud figured out. I dont know, maybe its a bug or Im just stupid but maybe one of you folks could point me in the right direction before I rage smash my computer...

ballscrewbob

@cproww@gmail.com

The upper selection menu is only available in the "regular" IDE's.
You mentioned "cloud" which would lead me to suspect you may be wanting to use the "ONLINE" editor which does not have those options in the same place as the regular IDE.

You give nobody enough real information to help so maybe you should start to detail the issues you have with pictures, error messages etc etc. Here is a thread on how to go about that

cproww@gmail.com

ballscrewbob

Whos post as yours and mine clearly are !

Yours will be subject to the std 5 minute period as a noob.

jar_

i,ve installed on winXP/win7/raspbian jessiePIXEL on PI3
and all with gcc 4.9.2
it works all fine but....
i wounder if a build on winXP is

Der Sketch verwendet 15790 Bytes (51%) des Programmspeicherplatzes. Das Maximum sind 30720 Bytes.
Globale Variablen verwenden 1471 Bytes (71%) des dynamischen Speichers, 577 Bytes für lokale Variablen verbleiben. Das Maximum sind 2048 Bytes.

and on raspberryPI is

Der Sketch verwendet 15800 Bytes (51%) des Programmspeicherplatzes. Das Maximum sind 30720 Bytes.
Globale Variablen verwenden 1481 Bytes (72%) des dynamischen Speichers, 567 Bytes für lokale Variablen verbleiben. Das Maximum sind 2048 Bytes.

why they are different?

oqibidipo

Does the sketch use something that depends on the environment, like __FILE__?

Go Up