Go Down

Topic: arduino pro mini not uploading any more (Read 157 times) previous topic - next topic

cyberteen

Hey guys,

I recently had my first try on the arduino pro mini, 5v 16Mhz with a 328p chip.

I also bought one of these ftdi adapters with the DTR pin to program it.

So I started to test the board by uploading a sample blink program. It instantly got uploaded and it worked. I test it few more times by burning few other programs. Sometimes it did not, so I reconnected it and it started working.

Now after I tried to solder two female jumpers for the i2c pins a4 and a5, i burnt the blink program again. It got uploaded. But after this, it is not accepting any programs. The IDE keeps saying uploading for a long time and throws 10 attempts of errors, each time with different error codes.

Although, when i power the board, it initially blinks thrice for 5 times( I guess its the bootloader), and starts blinking with a 500 ms delay as i had programmed.

I am only powering it with vcc pin through the ftdi plugged to my laptop's usb port.

I am not sure where or what the problem is. Can someone please try to help me figure it out? TIA :)

ballscrewbob

It sounds like a Chinese mini.

Double check your soldering very carefully on all the pins.
I bought a batch of 5 and one did not want to play nice.
Simply did a quick reflow of all the solder joints with a fine tip and BINGO it was alive again.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

cyberteen

Well, i ll try checking the soldering on all the pins again.. by the way. do u think the pro mini is bricked?

As of now, when i power it, the led flashes in short bursts for a few seconds and then the led starts blinking as per the blink program i had uploaded earlier..

So, do you think anything else might be a problem apart from the wiring or soldering..?

Thanks

ballscrewbob

It is simply impossible to tell if it is "bricked" from here without a lot more information.

Best bet is remove ANYTHING connected to it double check solder joints and upload the blink but modify it to a different flash rate to see if it does go up and if it does then you can easily tell by the flash rate.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up