Reading Small voltages

Well that doesn't change my definition of what a full bridge configurations is or is not. The Figure 3 5B38 Input Field Connections picture in that doc clearly shows the different configurations and how many elements are used. A full bridge uses four elements regardless of which of the four are variable or not. The other two are simply set up as a simple two element voltage divider. I would never call a simple two element resistive voltage divider a 'bridge circuit', half, quarter, or otherwise.

The OP showed us a crude drawing of a four element bridge with two fixed resistors and two variable load cell resistors (disregarding his attempt at adding a null adjustment pot), wired in a full bridge configuration, end of story. :wink:

I think possibly what AD and you and the OP are trying to state is that load cells come in several styles where the load cell itself makes up either all four elements of a full bridge (four output wires) or just two (three output wires provided) or one of the elements (two output wires provided) needed to be wired up to the rest of the input circuit to complete a full bridge configuration. Hows that for a compromise ? :wink:

Lefty