[$21.05 USD]"NEW" 12.1" TFT w/FREE_SHIPPING!???!?!?? Is this possible??? Scam??

Hello all!

So today while browsing the web I found a 12.1" TFT LCD that is only "$21.05" (USD) ( £12.86 (GBP) / €14.51 (EUR))
The LCD also has FREE SHIPPING to USA, and fully costs "$21.05" (USD) TOTAL. In addition to the eerie costs,
the product is NOT just an LCD screen that requires an external circuit in order to: "control the screen" and "provide the power/amps/volts".

Is this something I should consider buying? Why or Why-not?

[The following was copied the from LCD seller's store]

Item specifics
Place of Origin:
Beijing China (Mainland)
Brand Name:
DWIN
Type:
LCM
Model Number:
DMG10768S121_01WT
Series:
Advanced Type
Size:
12.1 inch 1024768 (4:3)
Viewing Area:
168.4 mm
Interface:
RS-232/USB
Perpheral Apparatus:
With Touch-Screen
TFT-LCD:
A+ class Industry Screen
Colour:
16.7M (24 bit)
Flash Memory:
384M
Voltage:
9V-26V
Power Consumption:
12 W

**Description: **
Size:
12.1''
Module:
H600
Colour:
16.7M (24 bit)
Resolution:
1024768 (4:3)
Flash memory:
384M
Comes with:
Touch-Screen & RTC
Temperature:
-20°C-+70°C
Moisture:
60°C,90%
Voltage:
9V-26V
Backlight:
CCFL
Brightness:
320cd/m2
Viewing Area:
168.4 mm
Power Consumption:
12 W
Interface:
RS-232/USB
Processing Speed:
14 Pictures per second

Which store is selling this? Link? Seems very cheap, maybe scam.

Heh - more likely you need to buy them in 1000 pc lot quantities to get that price...

If you're looking at that Alibaba link:

...it does say a minimum order of 1 pc - not sure if this was the supplier you mentioned, but if the shipping isn't too insane, it might be worth trying to get - worst case scenario, you are out some small amount of money.

They might be selling 'em off cheap cuz it's 4:3 and not 16:9.

no it truly is just $21.05 USD each.
While there is the option for 5, 10, 25, 50, and 100pcs lots, the entire product shown in the picture can be sold as individual units...

If you want a link just ask for one in the reply box. I prefer to keep the link secret, as I'm planning to buy it later on,
and I don't want to find an empty stock when I'm trying to check-out...

This looks like a good deal too:

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/204204/0-435053920/Free-shipping-12-1-Intelligent-TFT-LCD-Module-with-Touch-Screen-Serial-Interface-Advanced-Type.html

A little short on documentation for my taste.

--
The Rugged Circuits Yellowjacket: 802.11 WiFi module with ATmega328P microcontroller, only 1.6" x 1.2", bootloader

please don't post links

You know, at first when I got this message in my inbox, I thought maybe I had somehow accidentally broken some forum rule, and "TECH GEEK" was a moderator - but no, I realize that you are the OP. Guess what OP, until a moderator of this forum tells me otherwise, you don't have a monopoly here. If I was able to find that link (and others) based on your scant information with a simple google search, anybody and his brother can too.

This forum and others exist on the internet for a free flow of information; if you can't handle that, then I suggest you find another internet.

I also sincerely doubt that the supplier or the manufacturer is going to run out before you can buy the screens, and if they do, tough luck, kid - that's business in a capitalistic system. Better luck next time.

/such hubris... :frowning:

If you want a link just ask for one in the reply box. I prefer to keep the link secret, as I'm planning to buy it later on,
and I don't want to find an empty stock when I'm trying to check-out...

That's not how things work around here...

sorry i didn't know...

Well it's pretty obvious - you can't tell people not to post something - you have no rights over what other people post.
If you didn't want anyone to know about it then you shouldn't have posted it.
As has been said though - companies don't normally go out of stock of a product so I wouldn't be worried that there won't be one available when you want one.

Looking for more documentation atm actually - I saw a similar thing a year or so ago but this looks interesting if there's a bit more info available.

You can get 15" ones too...

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/204204/0-355216755/Free-shipping-15-Intelligent-TFT-LCD-Module-with-Touch-Screen-Serial-Interface-Advanced-Type.html

Looks to be plenty of documentation - even some useful code here (.pdf)

Oh and even more here!

I might get myself a smaller one of them to test with.

Wow that site looks amazingly dodgy. Free shipping to New Zealand via TNT, yeah right.

The site I posted?

I'm not looking for places to buy atm...
Just looking for specs and info - I'll deal with the finding non-dodgy sites later :smiley:

Just ordered a 15" LCD from this site.(LINK)

mowcius:
I might get myself a smaller one of them to test with.

Why? There are only two prices, ($10 & $21) and you can get a 15" for the price of a 7". Plus you don't have to use the screen if you want a smaller image...

Just ordered a 15" LCD from this site.(LINK)

Well best of luck with that - let us know if you get it safely or if they steal all your money :smiley:
How did you pay for it?

Why? There are only two prices, ($10 & $21) and you can get a 15" for the price of a 7". Plus you don't have to use the screen if you want a smaller image...

Because 15" is much too large - I'd much rather have a 7".

mowcius:
How did you pay for it?

Paypal...

Ahh well that's pretty safe then :slight_smile:

mowcius:
Ahh well that's pretty safe then :slight_smile:

in addition to the fact their site doesn't pay them until the customer is happy with their order.