Practical Electronics for Inventors, 3rd

I just picked up "Practical Electronics for Inventors, 3rd edition" This is a GREAT book for learning electronics. It has new chapters on microcontrollers, sensors, and software tools. This is a wonderful educational text as well as a great reference to virtually every electronic component that you can ever imagine - the section on sensors even included SparkFun SKU numbers to help you quickly find the ones that you may be interested in. The previous editions were horribly riddled with errors - the errata for the 2nd edition was over 20 pages long. This new 3rd edition was co-authored by Simon Monk, known on here as Si. With his help, this 3rd edition has pretty much eliminated the entire errata. Simon Monk has written several Arduino books, and he is active on this forum. I recommend that anyone looking for a great electronics text take a look at this book.

for a peek inside - http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Electronics-Inventors-Paul-Scherz/dp/0071771336 - ~950 pages (current price $40 => $27 )

Looks brilliant...

What's it like to learn from?- does it have lots of exercises, for example?

This book seems really good, I will probably buy one!
thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

JimboZA:
Looks brilliant...

What's it like to learn from?- does it have lots of exercises, for example?

It's not really a textbook in that it has exercises at the end of each chapter. It does have enough examples in each section to throughly test your grasp of the information however.

It does have enough examples in each section to throughly test your grasp of the information however.

Excellent