smpte timecode reader

For a total newb to all this, how does one visualize this timecode? Does the xlr jack plug into some sort of display device? I'm looking to drive a motion controlled device that will step based on timecode.

Hi Dan, the code and circuit in this thread are designed to take industry standard pulses from professional video equipment and make them available to an arduino sketch.

If your application needs to respond to time intervals it would be much easier for you to get the time from a real time clock or use the internal arduino time (there is an arduino software time library here: Arduino Playground - DateTime)

Why not create a new thread in the hardware/interfacing section to describe your application and start a discussion on possible solutions.

Thanks for the info mem, eventually I will be looking to run this unit from a sync pulse from out of a video or film camera. All just Ideas at the moment though. I will definitely start a thread when I am ready to sink my teeth into it. Just gathering info at the moment. :wink: