SainSmart tft 3.2 lcd display not working.

I got a new 3.2 lcd screen and it wont work. It lights up so it must be getting power, but nothing comes on the screen. I have no errors when compiling.

// UTFT_Textrotation_Demo (C)2012 Henning Karlsen
// web: http://www.henningkarlsen.com/electronics
//
// This program is a demo of the textrotation-functions.
//
// This demo was made for modules with a screen resolution 
// of 320x240 pixels.
//
// This program requires the UTFT library.
//

#include <UTFT.h>

// Declare which fonts we will be using
extern uint8_t BigFont[];
extern uint8_t SevenSegNumFont[];

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino 2009/Uno
//UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,19,18,17,16);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino Mega
UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,38,39,40,41);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

void setup()
{
  myGLCD.InitLCD();
  myGLCD.clrScr();
  myGLCD.setFont(BigFont);
}

void loop()
{
    myGLCD.print("Text rotation", 0, 0);
    myGLCD.setColor(0, 0, 255);
    myGLCD.print("0 degrees", 0, 16, 0);
    myGLCD.print("90 degrees", 319, 0, 90);
    myGLCD.print("180 degrees", 319, 239, 180);
    myGLCD.print("270 degrees", 0, 239, 270);

myGLCD.setFont(SevenSegNumFont);
    myGLCD.setColor(0, 255, 0);
    myGLCD.print("45", 90, 100, 45);
    myGLCD.print("90", 200, 50, 90);
    myGLCD.print("180", 300, 200, 180);

while (true) {};
}

I understand there is some confusion about the wiring. If you trawl back through this forum you will find quite a bit of information about it.

Are you using the shield or plugging directly into the screen's connectors?

The shield has a contrast pot on it which will need to be wired in if you are not using the shield for this project.

Massey

Massey:

The shield has a contrast pot on it which will need to be wired in if you are not using the shield for this project.

Massey

Its an atmega 2560 with a shield and the screen on top.

It looks just like this.

Massey:

Massey

I have adjusted the contrast pot. It gets power for sure.

I appreciate that this might not be what you want to hear, but I have the same setup and I have loaded up your code and it works just fine.

Sainsmart Mega 2560, interface board/shield, 3.2" tft display with touch. Not using the SD card slot.

dannable:
I appreciate that this might not be what you want to hear, but I have the same setup and I have loaded up your code and it works just fine.

Sainsmart Mega 2560, interface board/shield, 3.2" tft display with touch. Not using the SD card slot.

By chance have you done anything to the UTFT library?

Short of trying to compile your code it looks all right. The lines uncommented are for the mega and the display id "UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,38,39,40,41); is the same I use with several of my own 3.2" displays which leaves the contrast pot. If you have a Mega for the Itead display there are 2 versions 1.2 and 2.0... The 1.2 version has a contrast pot that must be adjusted to be able to see the display properly.
It is a 10 turn pot so be careful because the leads to the pot are fragile and be patient... the adjustment is only 2 or 3 turns close to one end of it's rotation (Added).

Bob

I tried it. Now all I have is a bright white screen.