"Robotti"-car prototype v0.1b RP5 cat.treads. =)

This is my first Arduino project.
Got some parts last week and rest of them today.
Builded to Pololu chasis, really "glued" together at this time =)

Arduino MEGA, SRF05 ultrasonic-sensor at the top of servo.
Pololu's 2 x MC33887 DC motor controller for the chasis.

After that i made little changes to drive-routine, now it continuesly scan's +-20 steps around with servo when it's going straight, helps little bit a low angle surfaces.

But i can't wait to get doing some parts to chasis at my work, clean up the wiring and continue coding, still some bugs =)This is my first Arduino project.
Got some parts last week and rest of them today.
Builded to Pololu chasis, really "glued" together at this time =)

Arduino MEGA, SRF05 ultrasonic-sensor at the top of servo.
Pololu's 2 x MC33887 DC motor controller for the chasis.

....and the video can be found at - YouTube

Nice work, I like the fact it is quite quick, fed up seeing slow moving robots :slight_smile:

I little bit worried about "ready chasis" speed when i was ordering it, i thought that it would be slower. My original plan was to buy an RC car and rip it, but those are quite expensive.

I little bit worried about "ready chasis" speed when i was ordering it, i thought that it would be slower. My original plan was to buy an RC car and rip it, but those are quite expensive.

I have found that thrift stores tend to carry a ton of cheapo RC toy cars, trucks, and tanks in the kids toy section, generally missing their transmitter.

Hacking these into robot bases (provided the gears aren't stripped and all the wheels and motors are good) can be a cheap way to go. Just something to keep in mind for future projects!

:wink:

Ripped this one to peaces and builded it again, trying to get more room and make this easier.
And now ultrasonic sensor is "inside" car.
Made also little bit faster code for it

new video - YouTube

ripped robot again and here's new video YouTube.

Driving thru course.

That is looking really good. :slight_smile:

wow, thats a neat looking robot. :sunglasses:

I'm trying to do something similar with my robot. (not only similar but the exact same thing.) Well the PING swiveling on a servo anyways.

Good job!

I've been thinking so chance Ultrasonic Ping-sensor to IR-sensor.
IR would be more accurate with low angles and there by more reliable.