2.8" TFT LCD, unknown ID.

rmohan10:
The other day I lifted panel from the PCB and looked at the FPC to see for any resister which I can add/remove to change mode. There is R1 & R2 position & in one of the place 0R is soldered. Taking guess, I removed that and there is no initialization of panel. I put a solder bridge in the other position and there is no change in the behaviour. Finally came to the conclusion which is mentioned by Dimad. With no schematic for FPC, there is no way to find whether bs0,bs1,bs2 are brought out or not (that the reason I asked for schematic in my Nov 14 post but it looks we have only the PCB schematic not FPC). So I put it finally in cold storage.

The seller/assembler might be putting these together & selling it without knowing it is not enabled for 8bit.

Sometimes the 8/16 bits are carried out to a pin on the adapter board. If the board was designed for 8 bits for example it wont work on 16 or the other way round. There's no way to bypass this by changing the resistors, which in fact I'm sure you're just guessing to be the bsx bits.

I personally did that a while ago. Could not find a decent size 8 bit display, so having a 2.8" ILI9320 16 bit display, I then grabbed one of the SSD16xx boards with a 2.4" that had a faulty line of pixels and transferred the 2.8" TFT to that board. It worked straight away with no further modifications.