tinyFAT - UTFT_linyFAT libraries

Hi All,

I am having difficulties getting my SD card reader to work. I am not sure if the libraries are being recognized. The tinyFAT & UTFT_tinyFAT libraries are installed in the Library folder with all the others, and the example sketches compile just fine.

The reason why I am questioning if they are being recognized is because the name of the library does not highlight in orange when being defined. They remain black after the #include<>.

Take it easy on me if this is a dumb question I'm still pretty new to all of this.

Thanks for any direction!

if its being compiled - it is recognized
otherwise you would have a zillion compiler errors ...

have you shut down & reloaded recently ? that sometimes clears the syntax highlighting (the coloured bits ...)

Thanks for the reply!

I have come to find out, or at least believe, it is a hardware issue. It seems the shield with the card reader has a bug, and the pins on the shield do not match up with the pins on the mega.

The fix is to pull a couple of resistors, and cross the wiring.

I just want to make sure this is not a software issue before I try this.

Use 10K resistors, not jumpers. The Arduino is a 5 V device and the SD card 3V3, the resistors serve as an interface of sorts because they limit the current that can flow to safe levels.

Bob

SteveHi:
Thanks for the reply!

I have come to find out, or at least believe, it is a hardware issue. It seems the shield with the card reader has a bug, and the pins on the shield do not match up with the pins on the mega.

The fix is to pull a couple of resistors, and cross the wiring.

I just want to make sure this is not a software issue before I try this.

Hold your horses!!!!

Follow this thread before you grab your iron!!!

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,138124.0.html

Regards,

Graham