Siemens SDA 2546-5 EEPROM

I think it is possible to connect a SDA 2546-5 4kb EEPROM () via I2C to an Arduino,
but what changes from the guideline in Arduino Playground - I2CEEPROM?
I connected the device exactly as indicated above, but I did not managed to get it work via the eeprom.pde.
Thanks in advance, I'm a newbie. :blush:

Do you have everything connected?

• GND SDA SCL, 5V

Please post the link to the datasheet, - specs should fit code !

Rob

Datasheet can be found here: SDA2546-5 Datasheet(PDF) - Siemens Semiconductor Group
I connected pins 1-4 to GND, 8 to 5V and SCL/SDA to arduino i2c pin 4 and 5 s as indicated in the tutorial.
Thanks for the quick reply! XD

Page 4 of the datasheet, you need to connect the Chip Select pin 2 to +5V to select it .... :wink:

regards,
Rob

I fixed the problem, but no reply from the eeprom.. What about device address? Is 0x50 right?
Sorry for wasting your time with such trivial issues...
Thanks again.

I fixed the problem, but no reply from the eeprom.. What about device address? Is 0x50 right?

This sketch is the most important I2C tool - I2CScanner: Arduino as I2C bus scanner – todbot blog

Sorry for wasting your time with such trivial issues...

He, it''s my choice to answer these questions :wink: And no these are not trivial questions, the answers may be, ...

The next time you know some answers and you can help someone else,

Ciao,

has You put the pullup resistors between I2C wires and +5V? (4.7 kOhm are ok as resistors values).

Ciao,
Marco.

I tried the i2c scanner and in fact the device is not found.. I'll try to add the pull-up resistor! :confused:
In the datasheet is indicated only a 10k R between SDA and +5V, must I add another one for SCL? A 10k or 4.7k resistor can be the same?
Thanks for now.

That can easily be tested :wink:

Both lines should have a square wave (signal), and if one is distorted due to length or otherwise , the other .......

Nothing happens with pullup resistors either 10 or 4.7k, on both SDA and SCL or only on SDA.
:frowning: Device is not found.

Ciao,

check again the pin connections.
Pullup resistors are needed on both SDA and SCL lines.

Have connected to the analog 4 and 5 pins of Arduino, not the digitals ones? Beware that if You use Arduino Mega or 2560 I2C pins are not the analog 4 and 5.

Ciao,
Marco.