Arduino Tinkerkit

Hi, I am a 9 year old boy and my family are buying me the arduino tinkerkit. it says its sold out on the arduino website but my mum has found another shop that sells it. it seems to look different to the one on this website, can you let me know if it is the same thing? Would this kit be right for me to start creating or would I need anything extra to get started? The link to the one my mum found is here:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/arduino-tinkerkit-starter-kit-n10nu

My birthday is on sunday and I cannot wait to get the kit... but I just want to make sure it is the right one. thank you for checking for me

As far as I can tell it is the same kit as this one:

But blimey, that seems expensive!

Again as far as I can tell you will also need an Arduino Uno to go with the kit.

Hi Sharkfin, and welcome to this community.

Dannable is right, this kit doesn't include the Uno and it is expensive at € 119.85 (converted by Google).
The kit is offered at € 69.90 from the Arduino site, but you need to add VAT to that (i doubt that will add over 70 %).
By the way, both say they're out of stock now.

If you do not yet have an Arduino, you might want to consider the starter kit.
It costs 10 more euro's, which would be some 8.35 pounds.
It does have an Uno and a project book.
It doesn't have modules like the tinkerkit but it does have an LCD screen, a servo and a small motor, some sensors.
So you can work with light, sounds and movement.

Sorry for making this a harder decision to you.

Thank you very much for your information, my family have bought the tinker kit and the UNO I can not wait till it arrives. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you have fun with it and if you get stuck you can always ask on there forum!

Thanks. :smiley:

Bye!