Go Down

Topic: MKRFOX1200 autonomy on batteries (Read 7728 times) previous topic - next topic

edugimeno

Still running fine. I use this battery.

Good to know Pieter...And do you recharge it with a solar panel or anything or just charge it one time and let it work until it's depleted? In case you are charging it (solar panel or whatever) can you provide any details? Thanks!!

ballscrewbob

Karma for the follow up Pieter.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

glava11

Still running fine. I use this battery.

How did you connected it, on provided battery input pins or VIN? With some kind of voltage regulation or direct? And do you recharge them while MKR is working?

I ordered today Panasonic 3.7V 3400mAh Lithium Ion Rechargeable Unprotected Battery:
https://www.amazon.de

with some power shield / holder  with protection and regulated outputs:
https://www.amazon.de

Andonoc

Hello,
I use a ht7333 regulator with two 1000uF and two  ceramic caps.
A small solar panel connected to a tp4056  is loading a single 18650 lition cell.
Starting the device with loaded caps is better.
Soldered is better then on breadboard
It works good and for now it runs for test  since 10 days without solar panel.

edugimeno

Hello,
I use a ht7333 regulator with two 1000uF and two  ceramic caps.
A small solar panel connected to a tp4056  is loading a single 18650 lition cell.
Andonoc, from what ather were saying above, it seems that the lithium battery can be connected directly to VBat plug, with no issues. Where are you using the regulator? Can you share an schematic?

Thanks

Andonoc

Hi
here how to connect the TP4056
TP4056
I use only modules with battery discharge protection(3 ic s on the pcb, not those with only one)

and here how is the datasheet schematic for the capacitors. I put ceramic caps and 1000uA electrolyts but you can try with other combinations.
HT7333

Then i soldered a on/off switch because often the mkrfox hang up booting with empty caps.

If you read in the FAQ of the mkrfox1200:

Q: Can I attach a Li-Po Battery to the board?
A: No, the board is designed to run with a 3V battery pack. A battery pack is made up of 2 AA or AAA batteries in series. No more tahn 3V must be applied otherwise the board will be damaged.

Powering the Arduino without solar panel maybe i will find another solution, like rechargable ni-mh, but with panel i dont think the LDO will make problems.

lifepo4 is another solution, but i dint find a cheap charging module.

Go Up