Arduino Mega heating up

I purchased an Arduino Mega 2560 clone and I believe the ATMega2560 is heating up too much (my Uno doesn't heat up at all).
Powered it from USB and tested with nothing connected, running a sketch that loops some math. Measuring with an IR thermometer I get about 39ºC (the rest of the board is around 30ºC and ambient is 27ºC).

Other than that it seems to be OK, I even tested every pin (as input and output) and they all work fine.
Also tested from a 9V battery and the board draws ~80mA with nothing connected.

Do you guys think this is an issue or should I just ignore it? If it's a latent issue that'll show up later I'd rather know now so I can request an RMA.
Is there any other test I can/should run?

Thanks in advance!

Atomicrox:
I purchased an Arduino Mega 2560 clone and I believe the ATMega2560 is heating up too much (my Uno doesn't heat up at all).
Powered it from USB and tested with nothing connected, running a sketch that loops some math. Measuring with an IR thermometer I get about 39ºC (the rest of the board is around 30ºC and ambient is 27ºC).

Other than that it seems to be OK, I even tested every pin (as input and output) and they all work fine.
Also tested from a 9V battery and the board draws ~80mA with nothing connected.

Do you guys think this is an issue or should I just ignore it? If it's a latent issue that'll show up later I'd rather know now so I can request an RMA.
Is there any other test I can/should run?

Thanks in advance!

80 ma total current draw with nothing else connected to the board sounds correct, I don't think you have a problem at all.

Lefty

Good to know, thanks! Do you think the heating is normal as well?

I agree it seems fine.

Do a quick double check to make sure your wiring to the power source and ground connections are right just to be safe.

Double checked everything, I guess it's fine indeed. Thanks!