Help Moving Real Fingers (Over the Skin Sensors?)

Hello Everybody,

I am an Arduino Beginner, I'm no stranger to coding but I am wet behind the ears when dealing with Sensors.

I'd like guidance in this project to help someone who had a stroke (Fingers can barely move but have no strength to do take/push and whatnot)

I looked around but really couldn't find something (mainly 'cuz I'm an idiot when it comes to electronics). Is there any kind of sensor that could take small nerve responses to translate them into boolean?

If there is such a thing I'm set, If this is a very newbie question I apologize. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks for your time in reading this,

Best Regards,

CodiSalvo

Is this close to what you want?

I should think that if the nerve signals are not strong enough to move the fingers properly, they won't trigger the Myoware sensor either.

Capacative sensors will work. Like the screen on a modern phone, you don't need to actually press the button, just have your finger touch it.

Flex sensor gloves are used in stroke recovery, and a few people have made their own versions, using velostat as the basis for the sensor.

Here is one example http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Flex-Sensor-Glove/

Most Instructables are crap, but this one doesn't seem too bad.

Awesome! Looking at all this I think I can come up with something. The Myoware look really interesting. The flex Sensors seem very practical as well!

The Capacitive sensors look great but i think they would be a bit more complex to setup.

Eitherway, You have pointed me to the right direction (which was exactly what I needed) Thank you very much! I hope I can share the project with you guys once It's done (or in progress)

Once again, Thanks to you all for your guidance