DIYino - an Arduino compatible board for prop electronics

Woo-hoo! Please put me down for pre-order 1 board of the next run. I may add a second board if my wallet gets fuller in the meantime and another is still available... Will there be any change to the price from the first run? Thanks!

Price will slightly go up, reason is a popular demand to provide a compatible micro-SD card which I will ship together with the boards, so that people out there can use the board rigth away. I also consider loading a free sound font and a couple of handy config sounds for an even smoother start.
At the same time the shipping cost will slightly decrease. I will set the price once I get the quotes for the uSD.

That sounds reasonable :slight_smile: I'll keep an eye on the thread - hope progress goes smoothly

Protonerd:
Price will slightly go up, reason is a popular demand to provide a compatible micro-SD card which I will ship together with the boards, so that people out there can use the board rigth away. I also consider loading a free sound font and a couple of handy config sounds for an even smoother start.
At the same time the shipping cost will slightly decrease. I will set the price once I get the quotes for the uSD.

This is a great idea and is in line with the commercial offerings.

Bump.

New price is set, please see first post. Valid for run#2. Including SD-card and some (welcome) surprises.

How do I go about getting one of these?

Hoping all's well. Just wondered if there's any news/ETA on batch 2? Much preferred and respect to take as long as required til you're happy, just curious :wink:

Hi guys,

So far I opted to inform individual customers one by one, now it's time to give an update for those who are also interested in getting a DIYino Prime board but are not yet on the order list.

Currently I anticipate roughly 1 month of delay in the deliveries due to a manufacturing issue with the MPU6050 parts. I expect working boards ready to be shipped out by beginning of September (hence the 1 month, my earlier assumption was beginning of August).

Cheers: Andras

Cheers for update (and PM) and great to see this moving forward :wink:

Depending on the price (broke college student, so it depends) I'd like to be added to the order list :slight_smile:

phoenix239:
Depending on the price (broke college student, so it depends) I'd like to be added to the order list :slight_smile:

Price and all other conditions are (still) in the first post.

Ok, my brain went right past that... a bit more than I can afford currently, but not too bad for what it can do

Can buckpucks be used with the DIYino? I plan on making a RGB string blade with adjustable colors; three different buckpucks would be on each leg of the RGB led. Would the buckpuck interfere with the output of the DIYino and PWM?

sligs78:
Can buckpucks be used with the DIYino? I plan on making a RGB string blade with adjustable colors; three different buckpucks would be on each leg of the RGB led. Would the buckpuck interfere with the output of the DIYino and PWM?

Could you send a sketch of what you plan to make? Along with the spec of the buckpuck you intend to use? I will have a look, I'm interested myself although I never used buckpucks before (well, not for ligthsabers anyway).

Good news, I just picked up today the repaired DIYino boards from the assembly house, they all work find after swapping the MPU on all of them. So now I have a large stock of working boards.

Protonerd:
Could you send a sketch of what you plan to make? Along with the spec of the buckpuck you intend to use? I will have a look, I'm interested myself although I never used buckpucks before (well, not for ligthsabers anyway).

I changed my idea; I'm not going to use the buckpucks. It would take up too much space, so I ordered some smd n-channel mosfets. I also read that the PWM would mess with the buckpucks anyway.

It was the buckpucks from the TCCS site.

sligs78:
I changed my idea; I'm not going to use the buckpucks. It would take up too much space, so I ordered some smd n-channel mosfets. I also read that the PWM would mess with the buckpucks anyway.

It was the buckpucks from the TCCS site.

I'm not exactly sure why you wanna do that. The DIYino boards have the mosfets already

Protonerd:
I'm not exactly sure why you wanna do that. The DIYino boards have the mosfets already

I'm making a RGB string blade where I can control each color.

Protonerd, I received the diyino today and it is so sweet! Great little care package in there too.

Reading over the pdf, I see that it mentions battery charging from USB in the warning in 3.2.1 :
"Reason is, that the USB in this case will overforce the voltage of the power source, thus acting as a battery charger"

Does this mean that it's possible to charge our (protected, rechargeable, of course) batteries in hilt over USB?

jshaw:
Protonerd, I received the diyino today and it is so sweet! Great little care package in there too.

Reading over the pdf, I see that it mentions battery charging from USB in the warning in 3.2.1 :
"Reason is, that the USB in this case will overforce the voltage of the power source, thus acting as a battery charger"

Does this mean that it's possible to charge our (protected, rechargeable, of course) batteries in hilt over USB?

I've put in the warning exactly because frankly I do no know! Logic tells it just could work but and USB is definitely not officially meant to recharge Li-Ion (or any other type of ) rechargable batteries. So do it on your own risk. Sooner or later I will also attemp it. But I do not know what will come out of it...and if it depends on the type of battery used. So there are a lot of questions marks and if's.

If it worked it would be great for sure, it would eliminate the need for a recharge port for some setups.