Opel TID Display

Were working on the Astra G/corsa C/ Vectra C version.

Have you tried

As I already noticed in my first post, i'm using the OpelTID library.
I'm using offcourse the 1.1 version.

taking for granted that you have already checked your connections throughly, first thing you should try is changing the string from "hello" to "HELLO" since the display can't display lowercase characters XD. Another curios thing about this display is that every minute the screen is cleared of all symbols and characters (this is done by the display itself, not by my library, and i don't know if it's possible to avoid this), so since your sketch includes a 2s delay, the only symbol shown goes away for up to 2 seconds from time to time. BTW, all other symbols are working too? if you assign i=1 you see the dolby c and so on?

hope this was helpful

Giovanni83, Can I ask you an odd question?

Whats the IC numbers in you clock as I can't find any info of the chip in mine?

Whats the IC numbers in you clock as I can't find any info of the chip in mine?

the main ic is a ST6 microcontroller, from what i gathered here it's a ST6240B that is factory-programmed, so the number on the chip (ST624306/A2) shows nothing when searching for datasheet.

Interesting, mine reads
40376-00
980 P1B65004PJ
F21-33A5EEW

Ok something interesting on the data sheet, it's SPI!

Interesting, mine reads
40376-00
980 P1B65004PJ
F21-33A5EEW

not a single number corresponding on mine, so... no idea :blush:

I'm wondering if the solution worked for roelke

also, i would know if there are other places were i could post infos on this library to let more people know it's there.

Do you have a blog?
Have you tryed hackaday?
I would dry AOC (Astra Owners Club but don't know my password.
EDIT: Back into the forum and just spread the word.

Do you have a blog?
Have you tryed hackaday?
I would dry AOC (Astra Owners Club but don't know my password.
EDIT: Back into the forum and just spread the word.

i don't have a blog but i will try hackaday, thanks for the suggestion.

Out of blind curiosity..... Did the i2c scan sketch work with the TID?

if you mean this sketch, i just tried: keeps saying "no i2c devices found"

Giovanni83:
if you mean this sketch, i just tried: keeps saying "no i2c devices found"

Yup thats the one.
Hmn not good then.
Thanks for answering yet another daft question.

AJB2K3:
Were working on the Astra G/corsa C/ Vectra C version.

I'm very thankful for the lib creators - top work!
I've made a modification for my Astra F with the 10 character display - some differences/error in the original for this.
src:Eelke Visser.nl - The 10 character Protocol

void TID::cycle(){
	start_tid();
	tid_address();
	tid_data(_SYMBOLS1);
	tid_data(_SYMBOLS2);
	tid_data(_SYMBOLS2);// needs three sets of symbols for the 10 digit display
	for (int i=0; i<10;i++){ // <<<<<<<needs to cycle up to 10!!!
		tid_data(_display[i]);
	};
	stop_tid();
}

(plus some other variables i've exttended)
and there was an error in the code, it said 0x9A where 0x9B is needed

tid_byte(0x9B);		//the address for the 8 char display is embedded here, for the 10 char you have to use 0x9A <<wrong

Next up, SD interface for in-car MP3 player!

Daniel Crane

TID.zip (3.34 KB)

dandymon:
and there was an error in the code, it said 0x9A where 0x9B is needed

really? i read everywhere that the 10 char version needed 0x9A... oh well.

Great job fixing the library for this version of the display, i was interested in doing so myself, but i have only an 8 char version so it would had beed hard to check if everything was properly working. Thanks for your contribution, have fun with your project! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I bought myself an Arduino Nano for displaying the current speed in my Corsa C with 10 letters display.
At first I simply extended the .ino file from the first page. But nothing happend. Then I tried the lib from dandymon by running the example. But still nothing is happening. Im using this code:

#include <TID.h>
//Created by Daniel Crane
TID mydisplay(3,4,5);//SDA, SCL, MRQ

void setup()
{
  pinMode(13,OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
    mydisplay.display_message("SCROLLING MONKEY5!",500);
    digitalWrite(13,HIGH);
    delay(500);
    digitalWrite(13,LOW);
    delay(1000);

}

I've connected SDA to D3, SCL to D4 and MRQ to D5. But even the LED L on the board doesnt light. When uploading the basic blinking sketch from Arduino examples, the LED starts to blink right after uploading.

I've experienced another problem. When connecting a 12V= powersource to VIN, the LEDs RX and TX start to light, but even the blinking sketch doesn't start to blink LED L. Only if I connect 5V= via USB from a power supply for mobile phones, L starts to blink.

Im using Arduino 3.0 and Im new to Arduino, but Im very experienced writing C-code. Im not too familiar with C++.

@gorgeus
the line

mydisplay.display_message("SCROLLING MONKEY5!",500);

contains an error: the speed value must be between 1 and 255 (it's specified in the tid.h file). My guess is that a value of 500 causes your project to hang. Try lowering this value and see if at lest the led blinks.

hope this helps

Thanks for the response. I've corrected the line, but still nothing happend.

Meanwhile I have loaded the Blink Sketch and evaluated the power supply. 12V= to VIN causes RX TX to light, L doesnt blink. When I increase the current to 15V=, L starts to blink. I don't understand this behaviour, since VIN is specified to 6-12V.
I am not sure, how to power the Arduino in the car. When the battery is not charged I have 14,5V and 13,8V when charged. How can I get 15V in the car? Or other suggestions? Or is my Arduino kind of buggy?

BTW: the TID in my Corsa is the same like in the Astra G, dandymon has shown a picture of it.

BTW: the TID in my Corsa is the same like in the Astra G, dandymon has shown a picture of it.

yup, i made a bit of confusion between the various display models, so i edited my post

on the power supply matter, to get 12 v as you said in your firts post, what kind of power supply you used?