daisy chaining 74HC595's

Ruffsta:
anyways, thanks for not making me feel welcome on this forum everyone.. wish i could say it was a blast.. but i won't lie, it wasn't thanks to all the bs sarcasm that has been dished out to me more than once.. i hope this isn't how you treat all new people to arduino and the forum.

Wow, this thread spiraled totally out of control while I was asleep.

This page might help:

... i'm not going to take advice from someone new who has less posts than i do ...

You might want to go easy on the aggressive tone. Someone with few posts (now) might be a retired engineer or professor, who just joined the forum, and knows just as much about things as anyone.

... you get told different things by different people and when you look at tutorials ...

That's the nature of the Internet, I'm afraid. However on the "official" support site (here), you can expert good advice, and if someone does suggest something that may not work, someone else will likely correct it.

i bought this damn thing for my son and i to have something to do together and joining this forum.. since day 1 i never felt welcomed here... and i still feel the same way. glad i won't let my son join this forum... i can imagine how he would be treated.

Your son will be most welcome here. If he treats us with respect and courtesy, I'm sure everyone will reciprocate.