AS1130 Ongoing Discussion 132 Individually controllable, PWM LED driver

Another point.

If I remember rightly, when you reset the AS1130s the EEPROM data is not cleared so if the chip starts up it will light up the LEDs with the data it already has in it's memory.

Also:

While you have access to the 'scope...take some screenshots of the I2C working properly so that you can see where the ack fires and what the known data looks like.

I don't really understand what you mean...

OK

You have 3 AS1130s. The address of the first one is 0x60.

What are the addresses of the second and third?

You can choose them with the multiplexers...yes...but what addresses will you use for the I2C writes?

No problem...I just want to see if you know what the addresses will be when you set your jumpers. :wink:

Incrementing the addresses won't work.... :smiley:

there are only three lines I don't understand...can I ask that question...?

:grin:
ask away...

why not? you did that in your code you sent me and why that doesn't work?!

You called yourself binarygod....you tell me why it won't work. :wink:

in the function 'load_data' you wrote these three lines:

IC_SEND(i);
IC_SEND(0);
IC_SEND(0);

That doesn't look like any code I have ever written...neither for the Arduino nor the PIC.

WTF :fearful:

Where's he gone??

lol, I have no idea. maybe transistorgod got him.

funkyguy4000:
lol, I have no idea. maybe transistorgod got him.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

...or...hexagod.... ]:smiley:

Probably accidentally got it working right, and dropped this thread like a hot potato.

dropped it like its hot, dropped it like its hot.
On a better note, I am feverishly working on getting one mounted.
I've never done such a tight pitch IC, last time one of the legs bent while soldering and I was so pissed.

HEYOOHHHHH figured it out! I have a mounted as1130.
Now its time to find time to test it out

macegr:
Probably accidentally got it working right, and dropped this thread like a hot potato.

Guess so...the last thing he posted was that it was working how he wanted it using my code! then he disappeared.

No thank-you, kiss my arse or anything.... :roll_eyes:

Makes you really want to help people doesn't it? :grin:

Come on Funky man...let's see some action on your project. :grin:

You'll see some soon! I have a very pressing project that is due in exactly........................68 days! An entire website! So I just literally stayed up all night, in fact I think I see a little sunlight brightening up the night sky out there.

Students never change...party 'til the last minute...then PANIC! :grin: :grin:

Yea, last party was new years! That was a crazy night.
Its for a worldwide competition.
I can probably find some time tomorrow after a speech. I need to construct the circuit yet, I just have the AS1130 mounted.

I am very slowly designing a 4-layer board with some AS1130's. The biggest pain has been finding out that my usual cheap PCBAs don't want to do 0.5mm BGA/WLCSP.

PCBA?

Short for PCB and Assembly shop.

Oh weird, I didn't notice that "binarygod" actually deleted everything. That's really antisocial.