Motor Driver - Combine 2 Outputs into 1

Is it possible to combine to outputs from an H-Bridge into 1? Maybe a way to double the current and or the voltage? Maybe putting something in place to prevent the power from flowing back to the H-Bridge....

Obviously I'm not an engineer :wink:

Thank for any input, or the time to say your crazy...

Do you mean run two circuits in parallel?

If the H-bridge is made from FETs then you can double the current rating, not the voltage rating. If the H-bridge is made from bipolar transistors then no they will not share the current.

Grumpy_Mike:
Do you mean run two circuits in parallel?

If the H-bridge is made from FETs then you can double the current rating, not the voltage rating. If the H-bridge is made from bipolar transistors then no they will not share the current.

Well at the higher current end they will share current due to the intrinsic resistances in the devices,
but you have to consider secondary breakdown effects (they would need to share a single heatsink
for instance) - too much hassle really! MOSFET H-bridges may be better anyway (for instance the
VNH5019 that Pololu do uses discrete MOSFETs in a single package to get high current handling...)

Thanks guys for the feed back and input!

What about taking both outputs for the motors using an Orangoutang B-328 from Pololu?

Here is the driver it uses: http://www.pololu.com/file/0J86/TB6612FNG.pdf

My end goal is to drive a 12 volt motor with a stall out at 3Amps....

Sorry I am still not sure what you want to do with this board.