Go Down

Topic: Reading Digital Caliper From Arduino (Read 2243 times) previous topic - next topic

mjkzz

May 27, 2017, 03:09 am Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:17 am by mjkzz
Just finished a small hack -- reading digital caliper from Arduino. Though this caliper is a cheap one and is unique from others, the idea is there to hack other type of caliper.

I have more details and Arduino code at the end of my blog.

Cheers
www.mjkzz.com
www.pylin.com

jremington

Nice job!
Can you post a link to the caliper in question? I didn't see one in the blog.

mjkzz

I bought it in China and I am in Shenzhen, China, too. But if you are serious about hacking and using it, do not buy this one, it is not usable, thought cheap (3 USD)
www.mjkzz.com
www.pylin.com

jremington

Thanks for that info. "Not usable" == "worth 0 USD"

mjkzz

but you can use the same technique and code base with other good calipers and that is the point.
www.mjkzz.com
www.pylin.com

jremington

May 28, 2017, 05:50 am Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:51 am by jremington
Then can you provide a link in your blog to "other good calipers" that use that protocol?

mjkzz

why do I have to do that? every single one works differently, you need to hack it a bit, I am presenting you a general idea and method to decode those signals.
www.mjkzz.com
www.pylin.com

jremington

You don't "have to do" anything, which includes posting information about worthless, unidentified gadgets.

ballscrewbob

I have one with what looks like the same case style but it runs to decimal 3 places.
had it checked against a reference and they were surprised how close it was +- .003 (.006 variance)

Paid a little more than you did here in Canada but this will make a good base topic to work from.

Thanks for putting it out there.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

mjkzz

Thanks, glad you find it useful :-)
www.mjkzz.com
www.pylin.com

Go Up