Adding 2 analog pins to Arduino IDE

I'm working with the SMD version of the Atmega on an external board and there is 2 extra analog pins I can use.
But the IDE as no support for those. How hard would it be to just add 2 analog pins to the IDE?

I know there are other ways I can access those pins but I'm no good at programming and I'm just starting to get not so bad at using the Arduino IDE. Having support for the 2 extra pins built in the IDE would make things so simple!

alparent:
I'm working with the SMD version of the Atmega on an external board and there is 2 extra analog pins I can use.
But the IDE as no support for those. How hard would it be to just add 2 analog pins to the IDE?

I know there are other ways I can access those pins but I'm no good at programming and I'm just starting to get not so bad at using the Arduino IDE. Having support for the 2 extra pins built in the IDE would make things so simple!

Are you sure those two extra analog input pins are not supported by the Arduino IDE, I seem to recall they are already mapped into the arduino pinmapping library code, but I might be wrong. Have you tried to used analogRead(7) or 8 and see if it works?

The bigger problem is that are those two additional analog input pins wired to any connector pins? Not for the standard shield connector layout.

Lefty