Go Down

Topic: acclerometer data from adxl326BCPZ to ardunio uno then to sd (Read 630 times) previous topic - next topic

paulj1709

Hi there as part of a university project we are trying to collect acceleration data during a kayaking stroke to integrate to find velocity. To do this we are using the ADXL326BCPZ accelerometer chip connected to an Arduino Uno. The problem we are having is with the frequency of the chip and the fact that the motion is very quick. Both time and acceleration data are needed to be recorded and then put onto a micro SD as the whole set up has to be waterproof. This is my first time using an Arduino and would like some advice as to how to solve this problem.
many thanks

AWOL

The problem we are having is with the frequency of the chip
In what way is that a problem?

"Very quick" is a very poor specification.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

paulj1709

the problem is that the motion takes places over a couple of seconds and is a larger g force so the frequency of the system is causing a problem would there be a way to set a time frame up for say 2 seconds and the Arduino have enough internal memory to collect this as could lose data if upload straight to SD card

AWOL

and is a larger g force so the frequency of the system is causing a problem
I don't see how those two phrases are related.

"A problem" is a pretty poor explanation.
What sort of problem?

Can you maybe edit your post, and add some punctuation?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

jremington

we are trying to collect acceleration data during a kayaking stroke to integrate to find velocity.
You will find that this does not work well, or at all. Here is why.

Go Up