Processing-Arduino Xbee Communication problem

Hi,

I have a program that runs on the arduino and another one that runs in processing. Arduino's program purpose is to receive data from processing (via USB or Xbee) and drive 2 DC motors.
Now, when I connect the arduino to pc via USB, there's no problem: the 2 DC motors run and respond to commands just as it should do.

But the real problem appears when I send the commands via Xbee. Lets say that when I switch the command from going forward to left, the DC motors keeps spinning forward for a quite good seconds. While this is happening, there's no possibility to stop the command in those 5 or 6 seconds. So, obviously, there's nothing wrong with the code itself, because it runs okay via USB. Also, the XBee24-B is set with X-CTU, and besides, in other applications where is does include transmitting/receiving and displaying data it works fine, so again I can tell that the Xbee has a well set-up (AT Coordinator and Router/End Device).
Now, what would be the real problem here? I tried to do softReseting at commands, for example, and it didn't work.
Plus, when I send the command via Xbee I observe that it's a continuous transmitting, not like via USB where is one message sended.

Robert

What kind of XBees are they, and how are they configured?

So, obviously, there's nothing wrong with the code itself, because it runs okay via USB.

Right. If it works via wire, the code is OK. It is your XBee setup that has a problem. Exactly what the problem is depends on details you haven't shared.

Ok. Both Xbees are XB24-B. To pc it's connected one in ZNET 2.5 COORDINATOR AT mode (115200 baud, firmware model 1047) and to arduino it's connected in ZNET 2.5 ROUTER/END DEVICE (115200 baud, firmware model 1220) mode. What can I say, these are the only set-ups I've made till now, everything else is left default.

Why are you using those particular XBees? For point-to-point use Series 1 radios are far easier to set up.

Anyway, post a link to the radios you have, not a bunch of words.

Here is the link to them: XBee 2mW Chip Antenna - Series 2 (ZigBee Mesh) (Sale) - WRL-10415 - SparkFun Electronics

You read this note, right?

Note: If you are looking for a simple point-to-point configuration, you might want to try the Series 1 instead.

I'm looking to understand why you didn't?

draythomp is the resident expert on series 2 models. Hopefully, he'll weigh in, soon.