Relay for light switch

Hi,

Which relay is best and safe to use for light switching (230V). I need it to be small one.

Do I need relay which can handle 400V or more? Is it better to use SSR?

I will appriciate any help

Thx

Add a geographic location to your profile so we can recommend suitable suppliers.
If I recommend a place in western New York, USA, that will not really help if you're in Finland or someplace for example.

Thx, added, I usually by at ebay ...

But the question is general. If I switch 230V should I have 400V or relay of 240 is enough?

240V should be enough - may want to go higher for some margin if controlling high currents.
Typically the worst that would happen is the contacts would fuse together if the current is too high.

I use Omron MKS2P relay for the snooker table light. The relay handle 6 unit 240V 20W and 3 unit 240V 10W fluorescent lamp.

$2 shipped seems like a reasonable deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Channel-5V-Relay-Module-for-Arduino-PIC-ARM-DSP-AVR-/130776167678?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e72ddf4fe

Sorry to bring back a bit of an old thread, but I was wondering how you got on as I am looking to do the same?

Also is using USB chargers as linked really that safe? I've seen a few reports of them exploding and catching fire. It's one thing to happen when plugged into a socket vs inside the wall!