AVRProjectIDE - Editor for AVR/Arduino Projects

unless i do debugging on your machine, there really isn't much i can do about that error

it probably also means update checking wouldn't work, so you should check for updates yourself

i update pretty frequently depending on what needs to be done

Hello Dear frank26080115,

Thank you for remember me. :slight_smile:

PS. I have take off the TONE.CPP compiles with out any error but when i was upload to the board then the Pin 13 it was always off :frowning:

If it is possibol and if you have time it will be nice to have Print and Print Preview Buttons :wink:

Have a nice time :wink:

first sorry my poor english.
i install and test some little arduino sketchs and found this editor is far better than arduino ide.
But i notice that the hex files generate by avrproject ide is always larger than the hex file generate by arduino ide. i'm missing some optmization option or avrprojectide include some lib that arduino dont?

I'm not including anything extra, the original arduino ide might exclude some files if they are not used, i have no idea how it manages to do that if it does indeed do that unless it manually searches for function names

i don't like making things using the arduino core anyways so my code size is always smaller

I will agree with maui,

for some reason i got also more byte of code at the end of the compile.

One simular program with this it is this

downloadfrom here http://arduinosketch.codeplex.com/

this make the same size with the arduino ide.

Ridiculous in what?
That they are much better than the arduino bloated, slow and ram consuming pseudo libs that are ported from pure avr code to this c++ thingie...
Why do you need buffers for everything?
Really, 2k to blink a led, in avr studio and nice C code that will thake you about 180Bytes of flash space a ZERO ram.

Hi Frank,

Just downloaded 103 and love the look of it but cannot get the simplest prog to compile. It's just an empty setup() and loop() but I get 8 errors from WInterrupts.c about undeclared INT0, INT1 etc.

Rob

i'm going to need a lot more detail than that to help, I need the details about the errors, the build log, you need to tell me how you configured your project, and what are your files.

OK,

the only file is

void setup()
{

}

void loop()
{

}

I created a new Arduino project using the wizard.

Warnings/errors, is there any way to export them, a verbose switch or something, otherwise I can provide a screen shot.
Build log (I assume this is it)

Build Failed with 8 errors
(.data + .bss + .noinit)
Data: 211 bytes (10.3% Full)
(.text + .data + .bootloader)
Program: 2926 bytes (8.9% Full)
Device: atmega328p

AVR Memory Usage
Execute: avr-size -C --mcu=atmega328p Sketch_12_22_2010_5.elf
Execute: avr-objcopy -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom="alloc,load" --change-section-lma .eeprom=0 --no-change-warnings -O ihex Sketch_12_22_2010_5.elf Sketch_12_22_2010_5.eep
Execute: avr-objcopy -R .eeprom -R .fuse -R .lock -R .signature -O ihex Sketch_12_22_2010_5.elf Sketch_12_22_2010_5.hex
Deleted: 'HardwareSerial.o', 'pins_arduino.o', 'Print.o', 'Tone.o', 'wiring.o', 'wiring_analog.o', 'wiring_digital.o', 'wiring_pulse.o', 'wiring_shift.o', 'WMath.o', 'WString.o', 'arduino_temp_main.o', 'HardwareSerial.d', 'pins_arduino.d', 'Print.d', 'Tone.d', 'wiring.d', 'wiring_analog.d', 'wiring_digital.d', 'wiring_pulse.d', 'wiring_shift.d', 'WMath.d', 'WString.d', 'arduino_temp_main.d',
Deleting: HardwareSerial.o pins_arduino.o Print.o Tone.o wiring.o wiring_analog.o wiring_digital.o wiring_pulse.o wiring_shift.o WMath.o WString.o arduino_temp_main.o libSketch_12_22_2010_5.a HardwareSerial.d pins_arduino.d Print.d Tone.d wiring.d wiring_analog.d wiring_digital.d wiring_pulse.d wiring_shift.d WMath.d WString.d arduino_temp_main.d libSketch_12_22_2010_5.a
Execute: avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega328p -Wl,-Map=Sketch_12_22_2010_5.map -Wl,--gc-sections -O0 HardwareSerial.o pins_arduino.o Print.o Tone.o wiring.o wiring_analog.o wiring_digital.o wiring_pulse.o wiring_shift.o WMath.o WString.o arduino_temp_main.o -lm -lc -o Sketch_12_22_2010_5.elf
cc1plus.exe: warning: command line option "-std=c99" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
Execute: avr-g++ -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT arduino_temp_main.o -c -std=c99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/arduino_temp_main.cpp"
cc1plus.exe: warning: command line option "-std=c99" is valid for C/ObjC but not for C++
Execute: avr-g++ -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT WString.o -c -std=c99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/WString.cpp"
Execute: avr-g++ -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT WMath.o -c -std=c99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/WMath.cpp"
Execute: avr-gcc -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT wiring_shift.o -c -std=gnu99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/wiring_shift.c"
Execute: avr-gcc -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT wiring_pulse.o -c -std=gnu99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/wiring_pulse.c"
Execute: avr-gcc -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT wiring_digital.o -c -std=gnu99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/wiring_digital.c"
Execute: avr-gcc -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT wiring_analog.o -c -std=gnu99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/wiring_analog.c"
Execute: avr-gcc -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT wiring.o -c -std=gnu99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/wiring.c"
####Error: object file not created at D:\temp\output\WInterrupts.o
Execute: avr-gcc -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT WInterrupts.o -c -std=gnu99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/WInterrupts.c"
Execute: avr-g++ -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT Tone.o -c -std=c99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/Tone.cpp"
Execute: avr-g++ -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT Print.o -c -std=c99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/Print.cpp"
Execute: avr-gcc -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT pins_arduino.o -c -std=gnu99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/pins_arduino.c"
Execute: avr-g++ -I"D:\temp" -I"C:\Program Files\AVRProjectIDE\arduino\core" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -I"C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\AVRProjectIDE\temp" -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000UL -O0 -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -gdwarf-2 -MD -MP -MT HardwareSerial.o -c -std=c99 "C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Roaming/AVRProjectIDE/temp/HardwareSerial.cpp"

Rob

There is no way to export it, a screenshot would help, I can't replicate your problem

Here's a screen shot of the errors and warnings.

http://www.robgray.com/temp/AVRProjectIDE-errors.png

Rob

I have no idea what is wrong, but try updating your avr-gcc version, and make sure that the arduino core files are up-to-date

Hi Frank,

I've also been trying to get Netbeans to work and just got exactly the same errors so there's some funny business going on. I'll persue the Netbeans angle and if I find the problem it may apply to AVRprojectIDE as well.

Rob

Got it working, don't really know how but after getting Netbeans to work AVRprojectIDE did as well. So now I'll have a good play, this does seem like the right level of complexity for an IDE IMO. Arduino is too brain dead, Netbeans too complicated, AVRprojectIDE about right.

Now I'd like to customise the editor (fonts etc) but no matter what I do in scintconfig.xml it has no affect. Any ideas?

Rob

Hi,

First off, well done! this is a cracking editor for windows (no doubt the open source crowd will start moaning now :P)

Im interested in using this editor for attinys using custom arduino cores, is it going to be as simple as creating a new template in the templates xml file and specifying a custom arduino core in the config?

Many thanks for all your hard work so far, i'd love to contribute if theres anything i can help with.

Hi Harry,

I'd love to see AVRProjectIDE working properly and I did get it to a working state at one point but have had more luck with Netbeans and am using that for the moment.

I tried modifying various aspects of the IDE look and feel by editing XML files but nothing I did had any affect. Based on that you may have trouble adding more chips, but maybe I just didn't apply myself as much as I could have.

Rob

err, hey submit an issue to the google code site please, i need more details about what and how you made your changes, and what doesn't work

i've moved on to a ARM project and Eclipse is damn good, too bad I don't know how to write plug-ins yet, if i can i would probably redo most AVR Project IDE features as Eclipse plug-ins

Hi

I have logged an issue detailing what changes i have done. So far I have got it working with Attiny2313 core and attiny84 core. I had a look at multiple processor cores, one for the attiny45/85 and one for many different chips, but i couldnt get these to work. Maybe something to do with how each chip is defined?

Also i noticed that if i compile a simple sketch (no libraries) it will compile and run fine, even serial library worked on 2313, but if i added any other library such as liquid crystal it would bin out saying it couldn't find wire.h despite it being in the library folder. any idea? haven't really investigated yet.

Also, is there a way to set the path of the core you want to use with the templates.xml file? It'll cut down one step of setting up the project.

Hi, Frank.

AVRProjectIDE is exactly what I was looking for. Thank God you created this tool. I tried version 1.104 and it works fine, my code compiled, upload and run just like it did in Arduino IDE.

I have the same problem that Graynomad already mentioned, I can't customize the font size, whatever I do with scintconfig.xml, even if I delete, it appears again with the default settings.

Regards,
P.G.