Web server program and control

Does someone have any small sample code to set the arduino to be controlled from a Web Page I already have the Ethershield module and I set a simple Web server where it reports the status of my inputs to the Ethernet and to the serial USB port.

BUT I dont know how can I send commands back into the arduino from my Internet explorer to set some parameters inside the arduino and create for example a config file in the SDCard ... like a config file to then the arduino process acroding to it.

Basically I need the way to set parameters to be saved into the arduino from my explorer, menues, buttons, checkboxes, etc to set the arduino profile.

Thanks
Adriano

BUT I dont know how can I send commands back into the arduino from my Internet explorer to set some parameters inside the arduino and create for example a config file in the SDCard ... like a config file to then the arduino process acroding to it.

The page that is served up needs to contain a form with one or more submit buttons and an action field. There is nothing about that is Arduino-specific. So, you should be looking at some other site to learn how to define forms, and what happens when a submit button is pressed. I like HTML Forms.

HI Paul thanks for your reply.

I did a good front end using C# on Visual Studio a lot of manues and control buttons to control a LabJack Controller.

So what you mean is That I have to reneter all these windows forms specific in HTML manually in some kind if Index.html like a web site and download it iinot the Ardwuino ? it will work like that ? or the whol windows forms control software has to be outside the arduino then send some specific init commands to te arduino to be set ? how ? what is best ?

Thanks

Hey Adriano, I'm in development of a similar project, but I've taken a slightly different approach than yours.

I'm not using the arduino as the webserver, but instead just an old laptop running Debian(a linux variant). I feel in the longterm I'll have more room to expand with sensors, etc using this method. Of course I just have an Arduino deci so my space is extremely limited.

I'm not using an ether shield on the arduino, instead its just directly hooked up via USB to the laptop, and then I'm using Python and Pyserial on the laptop to communicate with the arduino. If your using Windows there's probably some macro based stuff you could use to do something similar.

As for your forms that you built, I'm not sure if theres any tools out there that would convert what you built to html or not, but I imagine someone has built something like that certainly worth a google search.

But PaulS is right, the web/html stuff is completely independent from the arduino programming, so you'll need to research that part of it. I'm a web guy by day so it's all kinda old hat to me. But to answer your question yes you will need an index.html or index.php or something similar, as well as an actual web server which I know there are some out there specifically for the arduino.

this is my project
http://www.dataino.it

an example:
http://www.dataino.it/help/document_tutorial.php?id=12

or via USB http://www.dataino.it/help/document_tutorial.php?id=13
is this that u want to do ?