Setting home location for g-code for a CNC machine

All,

I am building a CNC mill with an Arduino loaded with GRBL G-code decoder (but not a GRBL shield). I am also trying to figure out G-code. It looks like all the moves are to an absolute X-Y-Z location. I want to build some simple test code to test my hardware.

I understand that a G-code sender may have a button to set the Home location, but I want to know if there are any G-code commands to set 0-0-0, or if there are any other techniques other than clicking a button on a G-code sender to set the home location for the CNC machine.

Regards,

George Clay

Not really an Arduino question. A google search will turn up several grbl forums (fori?). That said, look for information on the machine coordinate system and the workpiece coordinate system and the gcodes to set them. You can set up to 6 WCS's.

Tesla Member,

Thank you for your response. I didn't realize that these boards were so specialized. I would have thought that most people building CNC machines, or 3D printers would have to become reasonably fluent in G-code, and that GRBL would be the main path to that in the Arduino community.

Again thank you and I will look for more specialized forums.

Regards,

George Clay