Go Down

Topic: Free virtual Uno simulation environment (Read 159159 times) previous topic - next topic

Geoff

Nice software, thank you very much.
Is it possible to add our own (simple) models of devices?
In our Robotics Club we use the Ultrasonic Transducer a lot (HC-SR04)

Thanks,
  Geoff...

tkbyd

Back in early May, Damain, newbie, 3 posts, announced that there was a malware problem with the simulator downloads.

I looked into it, made enquiries, waited to see what developments arose.

Of several possible explanations, it seems that maybe an .exe being inside a .zip was giving rise to a false positive. I have read many places that Windows Defender is next to useless. I also haven't looked with great care... which is what you need to do in this wicked world, at the download link cited by Damain.

Today, I went to my own page about the simulator...

https://www.sites.google.com/site/unoardusim/services

Used the "Catch your simulator... Go to..." link there, and a little RTMing... the download may not, today, be EXACTLY what is was when I wrote my page... fetched the zip for version 1.5, and on a Windows 7 (until MS highjacks it, with THEIR malware) did a malware scan of it with Eset's Intnernet Security, which I have been happy with for some time. No issues reported.

===
Off topic rant- Windows.... I've heard it said that the little red "x" in the upper right corner of the "Do you want to upgrade to Wondows 10"- type windows that are plaguing the planet has been reprogrammed to mean "Yes! Update me!"  (You know the window... the one that doesn't have a "no, go away, don't ask again" button.)

One of my systems took 20 hours to download the massive monstrosity that clutters my soon-to-be-Linux desktop PC, VDU monitor, with all sorts of stuff only appropriate to a internet enabled smartpone with a touchscreen. Bah!

Heyo

I have not been able to download the arduino simulator...

kernash

Very nice software, saved me already a lot of time!

However i ran into a problem.
I like to simulate a program which makes use of the virtual wire library.
When including it, UnoArduSim complains at the first line of the library (#ifndef VirtualWire_h):
"PARSE ERROR: unable to parse line".

I'm running it on linux with wine, may that be an issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

Virtronics

Hi kernash, does this work OK on a real Arduino and/or on the Simulator: http://virtronics.com.au/Simulator-for-Arduino.html
www.virtronics.com.au

Goshawk78

Hi,

This is a cool tool, but I am having some trouble using it. I am trying to do a simple test where I read a value from a 0-5V slider and then have it translate to 0-360 degrees output to a servo. So far, it will not read in a value from the slider. The servo will accept the output, but the value is not as it should be. Here is the code which I cobbled together. I would appreciate any help pointing out errors and fixes. Thanks in advance,

#include <Servo.h>

const int srvPin = 9;//servo comtrol pulses

Servo servo1;
int count;
int pwmPin = 10; // output pin supporting PWM
int inPin = 3; // voltage connected to analog pin 3, e.g. a potentiometer
int val = 0; // variable to store the read value
float volt = 0; // variable to hold the voltage read

void setup()
{
   count=0;
   pinMode(pwmPin, OUTPUT); // sets the pin as output
   servo1.attach(srvPin);//attach servo1
}
void loop()
{
   count=count+1;
   delay(200);
   val = analogRead(inPin); // read the input pin
   volt =(5.0 * val) / 1023; //translate analog 5-volt slider to output range
   val = 360 * (volt / 255); //prepare variable for servo output (0-360)
   //analogWrite(pwmPin, val); //ignore for now
   servo1.write(val);
}

Virtronics

Hi, this sketch looks OK except for one line:
Code: [Select]

val = 360 * (volt / 255); //prepare variable for servo output (0-360)

should be

val = 360 * (volt / 5.0); //prepare variable for servo output (0-360)

In Simulator for Arduino, the output pin changes a shade of red and the angle is displated to the right of the pin.
www.virtronics.com.au

jqavins

HALP MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
No can do, good buddy. Please post
  • The full error message;
  • The full line of code that generates the error;
  • At least one line before, two or three might be better, and one line after wouldn't hurt; and
  • Declarations for all variables used in the code that generates the error.

I'll have a look for what it's worth, and you might get better minds than mine looking as well once there is something to look at.
--  Joe
                Hate is the only enemy.

sirilnasa

Can we interface virtual LED display in Arduino simulator,,..if so can any one tell how,,..?

ubin10

Hello..
perhaps a silly question, is this a standalone simulator ? or do i need to install/run it on the same machine which has Arduino IDE installed ?

Regards

jaivuetasoeur

Woo, this simulator is great, exactly what I what looking for. Thank you mate!

johnfarrugia

I am getting an error when trying to define :

long unsigned int rxID;

"PARSE ERROR: 'unsigned': illegal identifier: matches a reserved keyword in Arduino"

any idea?

rosemerry12

Excellent job!
Thank you soooo much for sharing such information :)

ralfiii

Nice tool. Is there a reason it doesn't understand the datatype "short" ?

Go Up