Go Down

Topic: Northwest Washington state. (Between Seattle & Canada) (Read 39447 times) previous topic - next topic

Naneen

Your right. I need to be awake when I do something.

There is a new sticky call Active User Groups I transferred it there.

jimLee

Naneen, here's the code you started. If you want to try some at home this'll give you a starting point.

Was fun workin' on the lights with you.

Code: [Select]

#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>

#include <chainPixels.h>
#include <liteLine.h>
#include <neoPixel.h>

#include <blinker.h>
#include <colorObj.h>
#include <idlers.h>
#include <lists.h>
#include <mapper.h>
#include <multiMap.h>
#include <PulseOut.h>
#include <runningAvg.h>
#include <timeObj.h>

neoPixel playToy(15,2);

void setup()
{
 playToy.begin();
 playToy.show();
 delay(500);
playToy.setPixelColor(9,&red);
playToy.show();
delay(250);
playToy.setPixelColor(10,&blue);
playToy.show();
delay(250);
playToy.setPixelColor(8,&green);
playToy.show();
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club
1012 9Th Street, Anacortes, WA 98221 (Around the back of building)
Contact jimLee or Naneen for more info

Naneen

Jim it was a pleasure meeting you. Looking forward to getting together in the future. I need to get myself turn around to day time hours. I think the reason I got so befuddle was that I sleep till about 12 noon. So Saturday i got up at 9 am so I could drive to your place and be there by 12 noon. To many years of working grave shift.

You have a need place to hang out at. Just wish you were closer. My problem is fighting Seattle traffic. Once north of Seattle it's not bad.

Oh by the way I got my laptop back from the doctors office, they had to replace the hard drive then tried to recover the data off the old drive. The got most of it.

Well I saw that your definitely a tinker, and you know you code, the only problem is you choice of computers. Well not everyone is perfect. What a boring world it would be if we were all perfect.

Thanks for the program I was going to ask if you still had it. I will order some more neopixels. I will fill in the rest of my project with those and see how they work.

Once again it was fun and i'll try to set up another day for a meet.

By the way where is your web site?

jimLee

After meeting you, and thinking about your project withe the "tree lamp" I rewrote some of my stuff for moving pixels to make doing your code easier. Hurry up and get finished so we can try coding it!

www.leftcoast.biz

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Naneen

hi lee

what was to two neopixel that you gave me.

where they WS2812B 5050?

jimLee

PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Naneen

Hi Lee

Well you want to setup another met for march. It looks like the 18th and 19 are going to be sunny days. It will be nice to see some sun shine for a change.

jimLee

Yeah, lets do that! There is anther I met here online. Turns out he lives on the next island over. I'll see if I can get him to show up too. What day? Sat. or Sun? I kinda' lean toward Saturdays.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Naneen

Well those sunny days didn't last for long in the long range. But lets go for Saturday the 18th. I'll keep an eye on the weather. See you in about a week. Up dated our time in Active User Groups.

jaholmes

Yo!  It's Aaron, the 'next island over' guy. :)

Yeah, lemme check on the Saturday thing, but my guess is that'll work.  (With kids, there's always the question of:  "What will I have to trade the wife for a few hours off?" :)))

Assuming I can escape, I'll bring along my current breadboarded project, which is an Arduino Mega 2560-based player for old arcade video game music, based on a couple of Yamaha single-chip synth ICs. It's not much to look at, but it's mildly amusing to listen to.  Most of the work has been on the PC side, devising ways to rip the music from the games and compress it into something that can fit into the Arduino's flash.  I know I could just go to SD, but as a former data compression engineer, I'm enjoying the challenge of fitting as much into the MCU as possible.  Right now I've got almost 9 minutes of music (not counting looping) stuffed into the 2560's flash, but I'm not giving up until I've doubled that! :)

Hope to see you guys soon!
-Aaron

jimLee

You know, if you need some help in the Arduino s-ware end for playing that music..

Might be fun.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

jaholmes

You know, if you need some help in the Arduino s-ware end for playing that music..

Might be fun.
The software side is ok for now.  What I'm struggling with is a reason for doing any of this! :D (Actually, there's a slightly amusing backstory that I'll share when we catch up.) 

jimLee

A machinist buddy of mine (From Whidbey island) wants to join us. But he may be off fishing. If he gets rained out, he says he'll be there. And certainly next time.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

jaholmes

Jim, had you settled on a time?  I would be rounding that to the nearest ferry time, of course.  (Except for the Big Gap at 11am-1pm, the ferries are pretty regular on Sat.)

Naneen

hi jaholmes

We start about 12 noon till ??? So stop in when you can. Check the active users group for updates.

Go Up