How do I upload an Arduino hex file through a Chrome app?

I'm trying to make a Chrome app that allows the user to upload a pre-compiled hex file to an Arduino. How can I do that? I already know how to connect, but I don't know how I can send a hex file to the Arduino.

You have not provided much information. It's a bit like saying I have a car, what route should I take to get to Manchester?

How (physically) do you propose to get the hex file to the Arduino?

...R

I want to have the user select a hex file then they click a button to upload it to their Arduino.

(deleted)

Couldn't you use node modules like avrgirl-arduino then use browserify so they work on the chrome app?

jordanbaron:
Couldn't you use node modules like avrgirl-arduino then use browserify so they work on the chrome app?

Shouldn't that be "Could I"

And if I am correct, what happened when you tried it?

In either case I have no idea what the words I have coloured blue mean.

Finally, you still have not answered my question in Reply #1. And until you do it will continue to be magic.

...R

If its a chrome app (not a website) you can use the Chrome serial API.

If you are building a web page, you will need an extension which uses message passing so you can pass data to and from an application on the PC which handles the usb comms. This is how Arduino create gets access.

EDIT:

Robin, node is referring to nodejs, a javascript system you can use to run javascript on your PC (no browser).
avrgirl is a nodejs module for doing AVR stuff.
browserify is a tool, mainly used for assisting developers make web pages (test them easier)

pYro_65:
Robin, node is referring to nodejs, a javascript system you can use to run javascript on your PC (no browser).
avrgirl is a nodejs module for doing AVR stuff.
browserify is a tool, mainly used for assisting developers make web pages (test them easier)

Thanks. I didn't know.

It would have been nice if the OP had saved you the trouble of providing that information.

It would have been even nicer if he had thought about what he was writing and whether the readers would understand it.

...R