Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello,
I am trying to use the GLCDFontCreator2 tool to convert fonts to use on a ILI9341 lcd with the ILI9341_due (stm port) library, but the font converted and shown has no spaces.

The font file: (attached)

What is shown on screen is attached.
The first string is supposed to show "S pac e" and the second "S PAC E", but there is no sign of the spaces. How do I fix this?
The first tutorial (in the 1st link below) describes how to transmit 433 mHz code to a 433 mHz device to control an on/off light switch in close proximity together between transmitter and receiver(about a few inches), and the other link (2nd one below) shows a 2KM Long Range RF link kit with an encoder and decoder. Hypothetically, could I rewrite or substitute the 1st sketch from the 1st link for the 2KM long Range RF kit? My objective is to control an on/off switch using a 433mhz transmitter/receiver link kit in open air from a distance of at least 1km. Can I do that here?

1.) http://arduinobasics.blogspot.ca/2014/07/433-mhz-rf-module-with-arduino-tutorial.html

2.) https://www.seeedstudio.com/2KM-Long-Range--RF-link-kits-with-encoder-and-decoder-p-321.html
@DrAzzy
Are those small 3 x 9 stripboards double sided or is there such a thing? I'll have a look, TNX.
LEDs and Multiplexing / Re: My Board Design with AL880...
Last post by Wawa - Today at 07:37 am
Looks good, but why the rounded pads for smd resistors/caps
Leo..
Programming Questions / Re: WEBSERVER propblems
Last post by pert - Today at 07:37 am
I'll take a wild guess that this could be caused by your antivirus software. Try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus for a single upload to see if the problem goes away, then turn the antivirus back on. If the problem doesn't occur with the antivirus off you will need to adjust the settings of your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate file, folder, or process so it doesn't interfere with compilation.
@pert: thank you for your help!

I now uninstalled arduino ide and installed latest version again.
I am using a Wemos D1 mini (esp8266) for a stepper remote control project that also uses GPS groundspeed for stepper motor speed regulation. The last step was adding the gps to the sketch.

Using the TinyGPSPlus library which calls for SoftwareSerial, I found I had my old problem back again where the stepper rpm would pulse at about 1Hz in sinc with the led on the GPS receiver. :cry:

So back to basics. I merged the basic TinyGPSPlus Device example with the AccelStepper constant speed example.

Code: [Select]
#include <TinyGPS++.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
/*
   This sample sketch demonstrates the normal use of a TinyGPS++ (TinyGPSPlus) object.
   It requires the use of SoftwareSerial, and assumes that you have a
   4800-baud serial GPS device hooked up on pins 4(rx) and 3(tx).
*/
static const int RXPin = 13, TXPin = 15;
static const uint32_t GPSBaud = 9600;

// The TinyGPS++ object
TinyGPSPlus gps;

// The serial connection to the GPS device
SoftwareSerial ss(RXPin, TXPin);

#include <AccelStepper.h>

AccelStepper stepper(1, 4, 5); // Defaults to AccelStepper::FULL4WIRE (4 pins) on 2, 3, 4, 5

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(115200);
  ss.begin(GPSBaud);

Serial.println(F("DeviceExample.ino"));
  Serial.println(F("A simple demonstration of TinyGPS++ with an attached GPS module"));
  Serial.print(F("Testing TinyGPS++ library v. ")); Serial.println(TinyGPSPlus::libraryVersion());
  Serial.println(F("by Mikal Hart"));
  Serial.println();

stepper.setMaxSpeed(1600);
   stepper.setSpeed(1000); 
}

void loop()
{

stepper.runSpeed();
  // This sketch displays information every time a new sentence is correctly encoded.
  while (ss.available() > 0)
    if (gps.encode(ss.read()))
      displayInfo();

if (millis() > 5000 && gps.charsProcessed() < 10)
  {
    Serial.println(F("No GPS detected: check wiring."));
    while(true);
  }
}

void displayInfo()
{
  Serial.print(F("Location: "));
  if (gps.location.isValid())
  {
    Serial.print(gps.location.lat(), 6);
    Serial.print(F(","));
    Serial.print(gps.location.lng(), 6);
  }
  else
  {
    Serial.print(F("INVALID"));
  }

Serial.print(F("  Date/Time: "));
  if (gps.date.isValid())
  {
    Serial.print(gps.date.month());
    Serial.print(F("/"));
    Serial.print(gps.date.day());
    Serial.print(F("/"));
    Serial.print(gps.date.year());
  }
  else
  {
  }

Serial.print(F(" "));
  if (gps.time.isValid())
  {
    if (gps.time.hour() < 10) Serial.print(F("0"));
    Serial.print(gps.time.hour());
    Serial.print(F(":"));
    if (gps.time.minute() < 10) Serial.print(F("0"));
    Serial.print(gps.time.minute());
    Serial.print(F(":"));
    if (gps.time.second() < 10) Serial.print(F("0"));
    Serial.print(gps.time.second());
    Serial.print(F("."));
    if (gps.time.centisecond() < 10) Serial.print(F("0"));
    Serial.print(gps.time.centisecond());
  }
  else
  {
  }

Serial.println();
}

And sure enough, the pulsing rpm is still there.
I have tried reading the gps on the hardware serial port Rx pin of the Wemos D1 mini but I don't seem to be able to read the GPS on that port so I don't know if this problem is strictly related to the SoftwareSerial.

Does anyone know how to get the GPS working on the hardware serial Rx port, (arduino pin1)? I realise I will probably lose serial comms but I can live with that if need be.
Programming Questions / Re: ir tsop3840 question
Last post by Wawa - Today at 07:23 am
The BPW41N is just a photodiode (no amplifier, no demodulator).
Don't know what you are trying to do with that, and I don't really care.
I sort of agree with Robin2 (post 5, 7).
Leo..
Project Guidance / 8266 ESP12 with external power...
Last post by raccon82 - Today at 07:19 am
Hi Guys,

I would like to check on one of the issue i'm facing right now regarding on ESP12. I've manage to setup and connect to blynk. One of the issue right now is that I wish to add external power supply to the ESP12 so that I do not need to connect the usb to the laptop all the time.

However when I try to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable, ESP12 couldn't load the previous program. It seems that ESP12 couldn't disconnect from the power source or else the power will be deleted.

Could you guys help me on this?

Thanks for the help guys.
HI,

You can also go through this link for more Information:

https://whiznets.com/products/iot.html

Thanks,
Atul.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10