Using Arduino DUE with Eclipse IDE

Hello,

I am trying to get Eclipse working with my Arduino DUE. i am using the eclipse downloaded from here which includes the Arduino Plugin. i have Arduino IDE v1.5.7 installed on the same machine.

i am trying to run this simple sketch:

//The setup function is called once at startup of the sketch
void setup()
{
// Add your initialization code here
	Serial.begin(115200);
}

// The loop function is called in an endless loop
void loop()
{
//Add your repeated code here
	static int = 0;
	Serial.print("Board 1: ");
	Serial.println(++i);
	delay(100);
}

if i click verify i get the following output:

16:02:17 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project ConnectionManager ****
make all 
Cannot run program "make": Launching failed

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH
PATH=[C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4.8.3-2014q1/bin/;C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi/arm-none-eabi/bin;C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/utils/bin;C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre7/bin/client;C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre7/bin;C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre7/lib/i386;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Perforce;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\TypeScript\1.0\;C:\Python27;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\EclipseArduino]

16:02:17 Build Finished (took 35ms)

when clicking upload i get the following output and i see the led flashing on the due board.

Starting upload
using arduino loader

Launching C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/bossac.exe --port=COM4 -U false -e -w -v -b C:\Users\home\Documents\Arduino-Eclipse\ConnectionManager/Release/ConnectionManager.bin -R 
Output:
Erase flash

No such file or directory
C:/Program Files (x86)/Arduino/hardware/tools/bossac.exe finished
upload done

when i connect to the serial monitor, nothing happens. although if i do send something to the board via the monitor i do see the led flash on the board.

also, eclipse shows errors throughout the code.

has anyone gotten the eclipse ide working with the due board? does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm not sure if you are here anymore but for the sake of others who might want to know I'll reply. I was able to get Eclipse running with the Due board (version R3). I remember some of the steps I did which were described on their website. I have Windows 7 and before doing this I made sure I installed the default Arduino IDE from the official website and installed the drivers, uploaded a test program to verify the basics were working. After that I believe I did the following:

1. I first downloaded the bundle from here.
  2. Unzipped to C:/. This has Eclipse + the plugin they made.
  3. I have Arduino IDE 1.5.8 (on the old website they said it should not be used but I tried and its working so far). This is downloaded from Arduino's official website.
  4. Went to preferences and set up things as described here
    Note that the Com port used is shown in the Windows Control Panel.

After that I modified the basic "blink" program and was able to compile and upload it to the Ardino and verified that the program was doing its job on the board.