Your latest purchase (August 20th to February 11th)

robtillaart:
Very nice display, what you are going to do with it ?

GPS related project.

cyberteque:
Those displays are pretty cool!
When you have a look at the command set, it kinda leaves you wondering what your Arduino is going to be doing!
They have multiple UARTS, SPI, I2C, GPIO pins.
I think the language has built in support for parsing NMEA sentences.

Wow! didnt know that. Really cool device indeed.

From Pololu: Couple of on-sale servos, bags of crimp connectors, right angle headers, some 1x6 aand 1x8 female headers, 4 x AA battery pack with switch - and some light reading material from Pololu's free supply of older Elektor magazines XD Scooped a couple from 2010 that I didn't have, and Jan-Sep 2011. Looking forward to some interestng articles...

Ever run across an item on eBay that is utterly impractical but just too darn cool not to share?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120590510842?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The hard part is trying to figure out how to mount it to the shark's head... :stuck_out_tongue:

WD TV Live Hub

And a bunch of connectors and cables, and stuffs so I can make a new custom cable between the Live Hub and my projector...

3 Zablets. That is a TV-B-Gone clone, done by the OSAA (Hackerspace in Århus). A friend wanted one, so I bought 3, soldered one for her. I think I will give one of the kits as Xmas gift to some nephews.

sync:

robtillaart:
Very nice display, what you are going to do with it ?

GPS related project.

I own the same display. My projects are:
Stepper touch controller

IMU panel

The full library with plain-English functions, touch, buttons and dialog boxes management, sound, data logger, is available here.

Enjoy :wink:

Bought 25 atmega328p-pu from digikey. Used westfw's optiloader to load optiboot bootloaders while chatting online. The optiloader is lightning fast!!

Bought myself two Pro Minis off ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arduino-Pro-Mini-168-5V-16MHz-/280601525492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4155277cf4

And some headers for them:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Male-40-Pin-Single-Row-2-54-mm-Pitch-Strip-Header-/250583482161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a57f07f31

As I have a pile of RTCs and crystals for them, I thought I should make a clock project. Maybe a talking clock using the speakJet shield, or a binary clock using shift registers, or even just repair the clock project I broke earlier... I bought the proMini so I can do all this, and more.

Onions.

Rockwell GPS-RX Module, 5v, RS-232 interface.

Used module.. but got it off ebay for.. ready? $2.26 including shipping :grin:

Also picked up eight (odd number to package, but whatever...) 1 watt LEDs in Red, Green, and Blue. Seven dollars and change for what amounts to eight three-watt RGB LED's.... I love ebay...

Those came from other vendors, but a vendor I've gotten a couple of things from (stepper motors, a relay module, and I'm soon getting a bluetooth module from) is worth mentioning. There's a bit of a language barrier, but if you want to buy multiples of things they even will negotiate on the price (I got eight of the stepper motors for $2.10 each I think it was, shipped free).

http://stores.ebay.com/happylirong

3 ultra-sonic sensors for 11€, in eBay, really good pricing.
Will be probably used in my project if they interact with each one, if they do I will need to spend more than 50€ in 3 sharp IR distance sensors.

I just got $60 of misc. stuff from Digikey. Mainly, I was picking up some 7-segment 4-digit displays, and 7221 drivers, but I always grab other useful stuff while I'm paying for shipping anyway. Trying not to buy much in the way of passive components for a bit, waiting to do 1 big collection of "grab bag" buys.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Dig it. I just got this for $1 at a garage sale up the street. PRISTINE condition, looking for batteries at the moment...

I know I'm not the only one that considers this a stunning find.....

focalist:
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Dig it. I just got this for $1 at a garage sale up the street. PRISTINE condition, looking for batteries at the moment...

Custom power supply? :stuck_out_tongue:

"Hockey-Jakari Battery Eliminator available at additional cost" Pretty sure it's 9v center positive, but I'll probably open the case to make sure before I reverse power it and cook something.. or better yet, I'll see if I can find some kind of manual or reference on Google (duh..)

Actually had six "c" cells around, powered right up. Now digging around for a connector or switchbox.. thing has RCA out, Channel 3. Probably just jury rig the thing with a couple of alligator jumpers to test...First funny part- the audio doesn't come from the TV, it comes from a speaker in the console.... even without a picture yet, it's comfortingly Pong-Like.I wonder.. before I look it up... taking a guess.. 6502 or z80 you think? I'm betting one or the other (or direct relative)

UPDATE: Seems it was made by someone called APF, this console was only sold for a short time, in 1977, apparently. LOL

"TV Fun was one of the largest selling TV games of its time. It was sold at Sears under the name Hockey Jockari. This is the Sears version. Hockey-Jokari is a classic pong system. It is one of the first system based on the common AY-3-8500 chipset from General Instruments. It offers four basic pong games : tennis, hockey, squash and single handball."

:grin: HARDCORE flashback.. :grin: We may have had one of these when I was a kid.. I remember we had a Pong of some type, but not sure if this is the exact one. I was only ten years old at the time...LOL. I love the old console systems, I will even run emulators once in a while for a Sonic the Hedgehog or Super Mario World fix...and who will admit to once in a great while remembering the path to the gold castle on Atari Adventure? I have controllers, but I had my Atari 2600 stolen years ago. This is pretty top shelf for retro console games..

Now your kids can complain about how old school you are 8)

Did not buy this but look at the price:

How can a nice scope cost only $400?! I thought it's at least $1K.

Good deal! Are you ordering one?

liudr:

Well, that's in the ballpark with the Rigol DS1052E.

liudr:
Did not buy this but look at the price:

100MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope - ADS1102C - TOL-10806 - SparkFun Electronics

I tried to order that (it has a much larger memory than my older scope) but, accustomed as I am to being charged an arm and a leg for shipping, in this case it was "not a valid shipping address".