Fastest chip?

I want to ask. Whats the fastest microcontroller that supports arduino? and also fastest microcontroller which supports c++?

The only real question is "Is it fast enough for XXX?". Anything faster than that is pointless.

It's Sunday morning so my telepathic powers are weak. Maybe you could tell us what XXX is.

I have arduino 2560mega and 3.2 TFT display, but this constoller is too slow for me, i need something faster. I think this is impossible but 500mHz clock would be Exelent.

I think this is impossible but 500mHz clock would be Exelent.

google DMA.

500mHz (500 milliHertz ?) -- I assume you mean 500 MHz (MegaHertz) :

For what purpose do you need 500MHz? You might consider a Raspberry PI ?

No i will use it for 3.2 TFT display, my arduino mega2560 is very weak(16MHz) so i need something sronger

I still do not understand why you need 500MHz.
What do you want to display with this speed?
What is the pixelsize of the display? do you have a link?

but this constoller is too slow for me,

500MHz is over thirty times faster (potentially) than 16MHz.
It may be that 32 MHz is fast enough.
It may be that some simple optimisations will do the trick at 16MHz.

Until we know what your spec is, we're all just playing guessing games.

Main question is: Whats the fastest microcontroller that supports arduino?

There are stm32 port of arduino. Some of those chips can go as fast as 168Mhz.

If you want faster drawing times on the LCD it probably doesn't matter a hoot how fast the processor is, LCDs are really slow. Maybe if you have a large GLCD with a fast interface.

Rob

What display Is it?

manteliukasx:
I have arduino 2560mega and 3.2 TFT display, but this constoller is too slow for me, i need something faster. I think this is impossible but 500mHz clock would be Exelent.

Actually, at this point I'm betting that what is too slow for you is the display updates.
While the speed of the processor can and normally does affect things like display update rates,
it is not the only source of overhead in updating a display.
There are many sources of overhead that introduce latency which translates into a lower output performance.
It could be the use of floating point math, it could be the low level hardware interface is slow, or
it could be that the low level code is overly conservative and is inserting longer delays than is necessary.

Anytime you start to want more performance out of a system, you have to look at the entire
system and optimize the system as a whole.
For example, if the majority of the added latency is due to a slow communications interface or extra
conservative delays in the low level code, than boosting the speed of processor will not up
the performance very much, if any.

The solution to increasing performance depends on where the overhead exists in the current system.

Until you break down the problem a bit more and look a bit closer into the actual overheads,
it is not a given that a faster processor will ever meet your expectations.
Likewise it is possible that changes to the code when running on the existing processor
could speed things up significantly.

--- bill

fastest microcontroller which supports c++?

Very many microcontrollers and microprocessors support C++. Quadcore 3GHz Pentiums and such.
The fastest official Arduino board is the Due. Various third-party boards run faster.

If you had a microcontroller that directly supported a display with assorted drawing and painting primitives that took zero time to execute, would the rest of the code still need a faster processor? For instance, there are various "intelligent" display shields. (Although in general, Arduino is not particularly well suited to display-based applications.)

OP, if you absolutely positively have to have 500 Mhz, and you know some Linux,
you might look at the raspberry Pi, although it's still kind of at the incipient phase
of ease of use, from what I understand.

http://learn.adafruit.com/category/raspberry-pi

We still don't know what screen he's got.

If it's driven via SPI or something then all the megahertz in the world won't help.

Well, r.Pi also has video output. I'd probably go there for that reason, not to mention
the 700 Mhz and 512 MB of RAM. Plenty of RAM for graphics.

The fastest Arduino board currently available is the Arduino Due.

It uses the Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU. It is the first 32 bit CPU in an Arduino board. Its processing speed is 84mhz, in comparison the mega 2560 that has a 16mhz processing clock speed. The Due is over 5x faster. It also has the most ram and I/O pins on the market right now, which is why it is the most expensive board.

A word of caution, some sketches need to be modified to work with the Due board as the processor is different, it also runs on 3.3v not 5v (although if you supply sufficient input voltage (i.e. 12v) there is a 5v output for shields that require 5v.

I have the nano, mega, and due and the due is by far the fastest board i'v used.

Highly recommended.

Welcome to the forum, but people usually give up on threads that are 2 years old. The original authors may not even be in the building anymore, :-).

There are many "current" threads on Due, in its own section, and STM32 around here.

No one seems to have mentioned the Teensy, its up there with the Due and the STM32 boards.

The STM32F103 boards are roughly the same speed as the Due. Well the Due has a slightly higher clock speed but in my tests, it doesn't seem to make it any faster than the 72Mhz STM32's

I think in the near we'll get the STM32F4 boards working with the IDE, which gives clock rates up to 180Mhz. But this is still a work in progress, so only the 72Mhz STM32F103 boards are currently supported