Sending file to arduino through bluetooth without mobile apps

Hello. I'm new here. My problem is how to send a file (text file or image) to arduino from any bluetooth capable devices via bluetooth WITHOUT the use of mobiles apps.. I need some sample codes.. I tried to search anywhere but all I see was requiring an android apps or mobile apps. I already tested my bluetooth module and it's working fine.. I already tried to pair my phone to my arduino (with bluetooth module connected to it) and it's working.. but when i'm trying to send a note (text file) from my phone , it can't find the arduino.. =( need help here.

I already tried to pair my phone to my arduino (with bluetooth module connected to it) and it's working.

You realize, I hope, that paired and working are two completely different things.

Which bluetooth device? Which phone? Which bluetooth profile are you using? Which one is the sending app expecting to be in use?

Thank you for your reply PaulS! :slight_smile:
I already saw some of your posts (replies) on the other posts..

This is my bluetooth module datasheet (I'm using the EGBT-045MS):

And I'm using Nokia 6303c.
And I have no idea what BT profile should I use.(suggestions please)

What I meant for saying "it's working" is that the BT module is not defective because it respond to any AT commands that I entered and my phone and other phones were be able to be paired to it. I'm very open to any corrections :slight_smile: just please don't be too harsh :slight_smile:

This is an example of what I'm trying to do:

I have a text file on my pc, "example.txt". I'll connect a BT dongle on my pc and install it. I'll right click the text file and hit "Send to" >> "Bluetooth devices" and it will search for available devices. So, I want to send it to my arduino with my BT module.. I think it goes the same on ANY mobile phone (so there's no particular phone type, android or not as long as it has bluetooth), right?

Or was my idea possible in the first place?

Like what I've said on my first post, all I found is the android phone with android app paired to the arduino (with BT) and communicating to each other..

Is there a code to set my bluetooth module to scan for any sending bluetooth devices? or what? I think the bluetooth module should be in some state maybe a inquiry state or page scan state to be able to receive data.. Any ideas?

By the way, storing the sent data is not my concern now..I think I can do it on my own.Just the receiving part.. :frowning:

Thank you again for your time... I appreciate it!

. I realized that my BT module can support SPP only.., Is it possible to transfer a file from mobile phone to my arduino through SPP only? HOw? Is there a need for an mobile app to send through SPP only? Or what can I do to my BT module for it to support the FTP? :slight_smile:

Is it possible to transfer a file from mobile phone to my arduino through SPP only?

Does your phone support SPP? Most do not.

Is there a need for an mobile app to send through SPP only?

If you phone supports it, yes. It probably does not.

Or what can I do to my BT module for it to support the FTP?

Threaten it with a hot soldering iron. Then, get one that supports FTP.