ShiftPWM support topic. Latest update: Schematics, high power LED's, LED strips

Abhay:
Hello ,

I've tried all possible things that i'm aware of to make this thing work but its not happening ,the LED's Flicker too fast and the whole thing freezes ,Kindly help !!!

Hello Abhay,
How exactly have you setup your circuit?
Did you setup as it says on the site:

Which hardware is used with ShiftPWM?

Basically just an Arduino and a chain of Shift registers. The circuit is exactly the same as in the ShiftOut tutorial on arduino.cc, but leave out the latch pin capacitor. You can choose the latch pin yourself, but the data and clock pins should be connected to the SPI pins MOSI and SCK.

What is not shown in that tutorial example is a decoupling capacitor, the capacitor that is shown in the tutorial is an error and should not be included on the latch pin! A decoupling capacitor is usually a .1uF ceramic type capacitor that is kept close to the IC and is across its Vcc and Gnd. This helps stop electrical noise from interfering with the IC. Using Shiftregisters like this is creating noise as you are switching power very fast. The effect gets worse the further from the source(Arduino) the signal gets. This could be what is effecting your output.

Grumpy_Mike is seen on a lot on the boards/threads here making sure that people use decoupling capacitors. Only reason I know of them is because of him (Big thanks Mike!). He even went so far as to make a tutorial of his own about them:
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Tutorial/De-coupling.html

I hope this helps with your issues.(Did I get it right Mike?)