Sending Rapid / Persistant Commands to a PIN

where:
ANALOG = use analog signal (which I understand has a range of 0-1023)

The analogRead() function returns a value in the range 0 to 1023. The analogWrite() that writes to a PWM pin takes a value in the range 0 to 255.

1 - I'm guessing "input" from pins will always be Analog (although these pins can function as Digital input/output)

Which pins? The analog pins will return a value between 0 and 1023. The digital pins will return a value between 0 and 1. Actually, the digital pin value is not "in that range". It is at one end or the other.

2 - Are "Output" pins always "Digital"? For instance pin 13 for the LED, I seem to only be able to set it to HGH/LOW

Yes. The analog pins are input only. They can be used for output, but only HIGH or LOW.

Some pins, labeled as PWM pins, can be turned on and off very rapidly, making some things connected to them think that the voltage is somewhere between 0 and 5, depending on the duty cycle.

3 - There are Digital pins which accept PVM Output (is this the same as Analog or do we specify a value between 0 and 255)

That's PWM. You specify a value for the duty cycle between 0 and 255.

5 - I've not used it yet, but I guess certain pins can act as Servo Outputs, which I guess is a way to send an Analog output signal (and could be used for speed control)

All of them can.

1 - How do I identify which pins are analog, digital or both

On which Arduino? For the most part, they are clearly labeled.

2 - How do I identify which pins are input, output or both

Use the pinMode() function to define the direction. There is no both. The pins are all either input or output.

3 - I can use SoftPWM for the LED, however which PINS can I send an Analog signal to and is the following code how I would do this:
pinMode(analogInputToDigitalPin(pin), OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(analogInputToDigitalPin(pin), 300); //is there an analogWrite and should the range be 0-1023,

No, that is not the correct code. The input to both functions is just the pin number. The digitalWrite() function's 2nd argument is either HIGH or LOW, not 300.

4 - I have an Arduino Uno R2 and Arduino ADK R3

Is that a question?