Shift Register that can give me more than 8 pins ?

hello guys,
i need please a shift register that can give me more than 8 pins , maybe about 10 and more and is similar to the 595 ?

and thanks in advance

Hi,

An easy way is to daisy-chain more 595's. Check this example where two are used to drive 16 outputs (in this case simple LEDs).

Cheers !
Geoff

yes i know it but it would be better if i get one IC in the circuit to have more space for other components

There's this: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ls674.pdf

But they're double-wide so it won't save any space and don't ask me where you'd get one for less than about $40.

fungus:
There's this: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74ls674.pdf

But they're double-wide so it won't save any space and don't ask me where you'd get one for less than about $40.

aw ok then no for sure i won't buy it !! the 595 cost is 0.5$ !! :smiley:

Yup, Mouser.com price: $31.10 and its roughly the equivalent of 2 cascaded 595's

If you want to save space you could always use SMD ones for your final design... those packages aren't very challenging to solder and you can stuff a LOT of them in a small space.

BulletMagnet83:
If you want to save space you could always use SMD ones for your final design... those packages aren't very challenging to solder and you can stuff a LOT of them in a small space.

i don't know how to work with SMDs and i don't feel i like the SMD !!

How about the PCA9555 ?
Has 16 bidirectional pins.
Don't know about availability, but the datasheet mentions through hole pins.

SMD 595's are the best way for 2 reasons.. 1. cost 2. space

cjdelphi:
SMD 595's are the best way for 2 reasons.. 1. cost 2. space

but it can be used as the normal one ?! i mean like it can't be soldered like you solder the normal IC

why not. I "normally" solder SMD's quite often with my normal soldering iron. It takes a steady hand and some patience... but it works.

pwillard:
why not. I "normally" solder SMD's quite often with my normal soldering iron. It takes a steady hand and some patience... but it works.

well maybe someday i'll try it, cz i have an SMD chip but it's very very small, maybe a socket will make it easy