a question about transducers.

so.. i bought some metal disk transducers. just a small metal disk with two wires attached to it. one attached to the metal disk itself and the other attached to a sticker like thing on the back of it. just a normal transducer.

the schematic i have calls for this RadioShack.com Official Site - America's Technology Store

the schematic itself is attached to this post. and i'm mainly questioning the right side where it says "neuro peizo output." i have 2 transducers with two wires.

does it want me to atach them both to the voltage and ground? like.. both of the red wires to voltage and both of the black to ground.. or does it want me to attach one transducer to voltage and one to ground so it can flow through my skin and connect the circuit?

i'm building a neurophone.. for anyone who doesn't know what it is.. it's a device that takes an input, as you can see the audio input and the waveform generator input.. and transforms them to pulses and uses transducers to give those pulses to your skin and therefore letting you 'hear' through your skin. i really want to experience this.. but idk how to hook up the transducers correctly.as you can see in the circuit, i'd get a nasty shock if i got it wrong.. or at least it looks that way to me.

Why do you think you need 2 piezo? Transformer outputs AC , so polarity doesn't matter.

Do you have a link to this device? It really doesn't look very good to me. You can get into
serious trouble applying voltages to the human body, think --> possible electrocution, or
at least serious electrical shocks.

The output stage looks especially fishy. It says neuro output piezo, but with a 5X stepup
on +/-9V, that gives almost 100V output, which is definitely in the "danger zone".

Also, most piezo transducers like the Radio Shack part do not take that much voltage,
more like 10-20V tops.

http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/nuro.htm

there's the site i got the circuit from. do you think maybe the 5:1 would be a step down? idk why it would output this much power. :C

Magician:
Why do you think you need 2 piezo? Transformer outputs AC , so polarity doesn't matter.

the guy who wrote this says you need two peizos.

i'm still waiting on parts to come in, but i will have this project completed in a month or so. i'll have to test the output to make sure it's not dangerous

KatjaD:
http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/nuro.htm

there's the site i got the circuit from. do you think maybe the 5:1 would be a step down? idk why it would output this much power. :C

Well, there's the problem, isn't it. The schematic appears to indicate 1:5 stepup, but
if it really means stepdown, and you wire it backwards, then .... zappp.

100V is a lot, and 4V isn't very much. Who knows what's supposed to work? This is the
problem with ckts you find on the internet. You're the one being the real guinea pig,
and the guy who wrote the page may be a complete idiot.

The other thing is, piezo transducers are sound generators/vibrators in their own right,
so maybe this thing has nothing to do with "neurophone", and is just a vibrator on the
skin. So, be careful, :-|.

transducers are used in every single other neurophone schematic i've seen. i'm fairly certain this isn't just a vibrator.