Which Version of Arduino IDE Are You Using?

As at today, there are two versions of the language:

• Arduino 0023, Wiring 1.0 build 100, chipKIT MPIDE 0023, based on the Wiring repository
• Arduino 1.0 alone, based on a new repository

Unfortunately, differences between both are real.

This makes the maintenance of my 4D Systems ?LCD-?LED-?VGA Serial_LCD Library Suite really difficult and is a major issue for my embedXcode project, Xcode for Arduino and other boards with Processing-based IDEs.

Thank you for answering this poll!

As at today, there are two versions of the language:

There are more than 2 versions still in use.

This makes the maintenance of my 4D Systems ?LCD-?LED-?VGA Serial_LCD Library Suite really difficult

Why? There are #define directives for just this reason.

In any case, of you want to only support one version, that is your prerogative.

I have over a dozen libraries and support for 0023 and before is a pain.

I plan to drop support for anything before 1.0. The downloads for old versions will be available but I won't add features or fix bugs.

Is this a reasonable approach?

fat16lib:
I have over a dozen libraries and support for 0023 and before is a pain.

I plan to drop support for anything before 1.0. The downloads for old versions will be available but I won't add features or fix bugs.

Is this a reasonable approach?

I think so. A code with #include statements everywhere is just impossible to read and maintain.

Unfortunately, I'm also using a chipKIT UNO32 and the IDE is still based on the 0023 repository, so it's adding confusion.

That's the purpose of the poll!

I swapped to 1.0 because of the DHCP in the Ethernet library.
I "ported" the code and all the libraries I used for which I didn't find a 1.0 version. Very stupid as many people probably did the same :astonished:. But he; still better than writing from them from scratch. 8)
Best regards
Jantje

I didn't try the 0023 and went directly from 0022 to 1.0 A lot of time to modify libraries (half a dozen) and their sample codes in the mids of my major library upgrade itself. Now I'm mostly over it and plus running most of more important stuff on my PC emulator already:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,96197.0.html

You could also read 300 threads from programming / project guidance and count the ones mentioned.
I also miss other options in the list - eclipse - visual studio - commandline makefiles - notepad++ - are also used .

Or use Google as statistics source :slight_smile:
google arduino 0.22 ==> ~425.000 hits
ggole arduino 0.23 ==> ~411.000 hits
google arduino 1.0 ==> ~587.000 hits

Im using IDE_0018 because it works

P18F4550:
Im using IDE_0018 because it works

Better make some upgrades so you don't miss the train. I was in your mentality but eventually converted over to 1.0 and now I'm going to try EAGLE 6.1 for the same reason :slight_smile: