Is Extended ASCII Characters display via Small Pixel Font (5x7 or 5x6) possible?

What is the smallest font size capable of showing some of the extended ASCII characters.
Is Extended ASCII Characters display via Small Pixel Font such as 5x7 or 5x6 possible?

I am looking for a real small font.

What is the smallest font size in terms of pixels, widths and height.

I really want short height, less than 4 pixels high? Is that even possible ?

width is where you usually run into problems

https://www.google.com/search?q=3+pixel+font&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=015&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=GzZWUcLKFpL09gSdmYCYAw&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=920

Oh dear it looks aweful.

lol why did I expect any better :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the quick response.

Ok 3 pixels is too small.

What is a small pixel size font where the characters are easily readable and unique(not mistakable with others)

I am looking for minimum pixel height but readable for both Upper and lower case letters and some special characters like @ or % etc.

4x4 is pushing it, 6x8 is really clear

5x7 is probably the minimum size for what you want:

http://www.fonts2u.com/5x7-practical-regular.font

Does anyone know how to convert .ttf font to binary or hex.
here is the font that caught my eye: Minecraftia Font | dafont.com
There are other good ones on there too.

This is the format am looking for, lets say '1'

0b00001000
0b00101000
0b01001000
0b00001000
0b00001000
0b00001000
0b01111111

if you squint your eyes it might be easier to see a shape of '1' in that array of bits.

There used to be no end of free font designer programs, have you tried Googling something like "font designer"? There may be some that generate a format you can easily convert to an array.

You will never get a good-looking font with the sizes you're talking about though I think.

Rob

what I do

google ttf to bmp, its been a long time so I cant recomend a program, just get a free one
open bmp in gimp, save as ppm ascii
open ppm in a text editor, chop header off add 0b and whatnot

What is the smallest font size capable of showing some of the extended ASCII characters.
Is Extended ASCII Characters display via Small Pixel Font such as 5x7 or 5x6 possible?

should be, but I have not seen one yet, but here is a 6x8 version that I made up for tv out