Go Down

Topic: Won't Load Sketch (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Philtubbs

I have dug through the troubleshooting and googled some. I have successfully written sketches to my Nano clone plenty of times. I made a recent change and when i tried to upload it, i got an error message. I probably uploaded 5-6 times in the hour leading up to this with no issue. There is an LED labled L that usually blinks in a 1 second(or so) interval when the usb is connected and that isnt happening now.

I'm running windows 10
Nextbook tablet/laptop
Arduino Nano clone
and Arduino 1.6.8

DrAzzy

Please post the full text of any and all errors received.
ATtiny core for 841+1634+828 and x313/x4/x5/x61/x7/x8 series Board Manager:
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts (some assembled), mosfets and awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

Philtubbs

I also jut tried reverting back to 1.6.7 after reading someone elses post. no change

Sketch uses 3,942 bytes (12%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54

septillion

It has nothing to do with the compiler version, it just fails to upload. My guess, you selected the wrong COM port (or wrong board) in the menu.
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

Philtubbs

I wish it was that simple. I very literally uploaded a sketch, it ran, I added more code hit upload and it wouldn't load.

I tried changing the com port name in device manager to a different one, closed the program, opened it again, selected the new port and nothing.

Philtubbs

Ok, so I was poking around in other posts here and tried something I saw. Opened the program, checked the com ports. There was nothing. Plug the nano in and com 3 pops up. I select it and try to upload again and get the same error I posted above.

jasp05

I'm having the same issue here. I bought 2 uno clones, which worked fine. uploaded multiple different codes to both from the same pc. However one day it decides to stop uploading code with the same problem as above.

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x54

However each time I try to upload the code I will get a different   not in sync: resp = XXXX val. (eg. 0x18, or 0x36).

I have tried older versions of the IDE with no luck. I have reinstalled drivers, I have tried different computers (all windows 7),different ports,  different cables, uploaded code with no connections to the arduino at all and  all with the same results. Have even tried my arduino nano and get the same problem.

And Yes I am using the correct board, and com's port. Have triple checked.

Surely there is a fix to this. My arduino's are working fine still running the code on them, however the upload is not working.

Is this likely to be an issue with windows 7 relating to the ports? Or is it an issue with the IDE?  I find it hard to believe that all 3 arduinos have failed in some way to cause this error. (but maybe it has).

Any input much appreciated. Been 2 weeks of not being able to upload any code so far.

MalharD

Try to post the error in code tags,please.

Have you seen the Troubleshooting Guide ?

Remove all connections to the boards and try again. Try connecting only USB cable(obviously!) This applies to both of you.

I think, maybe,these guys need to reflash the bootloader to their boards.[any senior members,please confirm]
Murphy always gets me ...

septillion

Ok, so I was poking around in other posts here and tried something I saw. Opened the program, checked the com ports. There was nothing. Plug the nano in and com 3 pops up. I select it and try to upload again and get the same error I posted above.
Did you try to disconnect everything from the Nano? If it then still fails then either the chip is dead or the bootloader somehow corrupted (never happened to me but some seem to have managed to do so).

Is this likely to be an issue with windows 7 relating to the ports?
No

Or is it an issue with the IDE?
Certainly not

Have you tried disconnecting all?

And which chip do the use for the USB to serial?
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

Philtubbs

I pulled the nano completely out of the breadboard and plugged the USB cable in during my last attempt to figure something out that I posted above. I tried reloading the boot loader but I get an error. Can't remember what the error is. I'll check tonight when I'm near it again

Philtubbs

I have a feeling it got ruined somehow. i also didnt realize till after I got it that it was a clone. the real deal is cheap enough to not buy a clone, so i ordered another one.

MalharD

You need a ISP to burn the bootloader.

Tell us what happens with the new board. It'll be nice if you can try different boards,like UNO,Mega,etc.
Murphy always gets me ...

Philtubbs

new board works perfectly, just tried it today. Literally changed nothing, plugged usb in, clicked upload then dropped it into the breadboard, all is well

AlexLPD

Was reading this topic, since its happening to me, and was not an answer, so I will poin to some adress here:

The arduino may be locked, aparently It has some "fuses" to protect the boot loader, from damage, an its is not very common, but the fuses "move" and corrupt the boot loader, or prevent anything to be writing, so, here is this esplendid topic, with a lots of info.

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=374842.0

Thanks, for me, I just swap the Arduino and move along.

-Alex.

Go Up