How to use a microphone with headphones.

I've been trying to make a small headset to communicate between people, and as a first I tried finding how to make a microphone work with headphones, but there is nothing. I wanted to then have them broadcasting the voice when a button was pressed.

Generally to make a microphone work with headphones you plug the microphone into the input of a suitable amplifier and the headphones into the output.

For "broadcasting" you need to define who/what you are broadcasting to and the method you plan to use - IR, radio, over the internet etc. plus things like what range, how many channels.

Where do you think that an Arduino would fit into this plan?

Steve

Is this what you are after

Steve, I am using a arduino nano, with the transmitter and receiver having a maximum of 20 meters ( the signal would be patchy 20 basically). Also, any code? Or is it just plug and play?

Thanks grumpy mike of course the goldilocks module is big but I can make everything fit. I was planning to use this for a halo helmet for cosplay, as everyone has seen a scene in some movie when military press a button on their helmet and send a request of some sort.